Louis Dreyfus Commodities buying Imperial Sugar
SUGAR LAND, TX -- Louis Dreyfus Commodities LLC is buying refined sugar processor Imperial Sugar Co. for about $77.5 million.
Houston area-based Imperial Sugar's board unanimously approved the acquisition, which is targeted to close in the second quarter.
Louis Dreyfus will pay $6.35 per share, which is a 57 percent premium to Imperial Sugar's closing price of $4.05 per share on Monday. Imperial Sugar currently has approximately 12.2 million outstanding shares.
The companies said Tuesday that the total value of the deal is about $203 million, which includes debt and pension liabilities.
Last month Imperial Sugar, which is based in Sugar Land, said it netted $60.4 million from the sale of its 50 percent stake in Wholesome Sweeteners Inc. to an affiliate of the Arlon Group.
- Former Port of Houston IT director accused of theft
- NASA hopes to avoid emergency spacewalk on ISS
- Woman's life spared by inches in freak accident
- Cyclists ride to honor woman killed in hit-and-run
- Boy's mouth duct taped for talking in class
- Bride accused of pushing husband off cliff pleads guilty 26 min ago
- What was interpreter REALLY signing 23 min ago
- Shoppers getting excuses instead of packages
- 'Fake' interpreter: 'I was hallucinating' 17 min ago
- Driver charged after turning to cosmetic for revenge 55 min ago
- California man accused of running 'revenge porn' site
- Motorcyclist dies after colliding with car
- 5 Things to Know for Today
- Witnesses pull woman from fiery wreck