Boeing to lay off 800 in Washington
EVERETT, WA -- The Boeing Co. is planning to lay off about 800 workers in the Puget Sound area of Washington by the end of the year.
The company said Friday it will cut another 1,200 to 1,500 jobs through attrition and other means.
The Daily Herald newspaper reports the job cuts will be mostly from the 747 and 787 jet programs in Everett, Wash. The company says production rates on those airplanes will not be affected.
Boeing has not issued layoff notices yet. The company has contacted the local district of the International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers union, which represents most workers who will be laid off.
The company also has moved 500 workers to other parts of the company.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
washington, your money
- Local missionaries hurt in rollover wreck in Africa 18 min ago
- Law enforcement training program suspended 9 min ago
- Boy's mouth duct taped for talking in class
- HISD takes steps to replace school mascots
- Woman walking dog near Montrose sexually assaulted 18 min ago
- Former Port of Houston IT director accused of theft
- Recognize the guy in this sketch?
- Texas A&M coach Kevin Sumlin inks extension 28 min ago
- Kim Jong Un's uncle executed as traitor
- Three Webster officers indicted for official oppression 40 min ago
- Girl, 5, surprises deaf parents at holiday... 56 min ago
- How using free Wi-Fi can really cost you 4 min ago
- Parents want justice for son's shooting death
- Accused stiletto heel killer out on bond