Luxury brand Burberry reports strong sales
LONDON -- Fashion company Burberry reported an 11 percent increase in sales for the fourth quarter, as China and Hong Kong buyers continued to snap up the luxury retailer's wares.
The company said in a trading statement Wednesday that sales rose to 503 million pounds ($772 million) for the quarter. The company reported double-digit comparable store sales growth in China and Hong Kong, and single-digit growth in the Americas. Chief executive Angela Ahrendts says the company expects a "challenging" environment globally, but that it was focused on the potential of digital platforms.
Creative Director Christopher Bailey has made a point of introducing digital and mobile technology to Burberry in recent years, and his catwalk shows are now live-streamed to online channels like Twitter and Facebook to fans worldwide.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Local missionaries hurt in rollover wreck in Africa
- Law enforcement training program suspended
- Boy's mouth duct taped for talking in class
- HISD takes steps to replace school mascots
- Woman walking dog near Montrose sexually assaulted
- Former Port of Houston IT director accused of theft
- Recognize the guy in this sketch?
- Texas A&M coach Kevin Sumlin inks extension
- Kim Jong Un's uncle executed as traitor
- Three Webster officers indicted for official oppression
- Girl, 5, surprises deaf parents at holiday...
- How using free Wi-Fi can really cost you
- Parents want justice for son's shooting death
- Accused stiletto heel killer out on bond