Ford recalling 465,000 vehicles for fuel leaks
DETROIT, MI -- Ford is recalling about 465,000 cars and SUVs because the fuel tanks can leak and cause fires.
The global recall affects the Ford brand's Fusion, Explorer, Taurus, Flex, Police Utility and Police Interceptor. Also covered are the Lincoln MKS, MKT and MKZ. All the vehicles are from the 2013 model year.
Ford says customers could smell gas or see a leak on the ground. The company says no fires or crashes have been reported because of the problem.
About 390,000 of the vehicles are in the U.S., with another 23,000 in Canada and 7,600 in Mexico. The rest are in Europe, South America, Asia and other areas.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, and Android devices
- Severe weather possible this morning 7 min ago
- Mom devastated by tragedy pushes for change
- Three Harris County deaths related to H1N1
- Boy, 4, saves family from overnight fire
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Santa sparks impromptu marriage ceremony
- 'Duck Dynasty' fans react to Phil's hiatus
- Police: Teen admits shooting out car windows
- Foul weather threatens to snarl US holiday travel
- Obama: '2014 can be a breakthrough year'
- Turning those holiday gift cards into cash
- Photos: What do you do if you shopped at Target?
- Video: Harris County inmates get early Christmas
- FBISD approves new GPA-exempt courses