Outages hit Microsoft's Outlook.com, SkyDrive
SAN FRANCISCO, CA -- Microsoft is trying to fix a technological breakdown that has cut off some people from their email accounts on Outlook.com and files stored on the company's SkyDrive service.
The Redmond, Wash., software maker says only a small number of people have been affected by an outage that began Wednesday morning. Microsoft's statement about the problem didn't provide any further specifics.
Even if only a small percentage of Outlook.com users are cut off, the trouble could be frustrating millions of people. Microsoft boasts it has more than 400 million accounts on Outlook.com.
Microsoft Corp. transferred all the users of its other Web email, including those with the hotmail.com and msn.com domains, to Outlook earlier this year as part of its attempt to outshine Google Inc.'s Gmail and Yahoo Inc.'s email.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, and Android devices
- Employees shot outside Galleria area restaurant 22 min ago
- Is Pearland mom the most 'unstoppable?' 1 min ago
- Kids hospitalized after chemical leak at pool
- One taken to hospital after SUV drives into salon
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Girl gets finger stuck in recalled Easy Bake Oven
- Malaysia not sure which way lost jet was headed 25 min ago
- Flight diverted to Houston after baby stops breathing 35 min ago
- Federal government could get involved in school fight 5 min ago
- Prom dress shop rallies community to help teen 14 min ago
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Doc reaches deal in bizarre break-in case
- 'I'm dying' - Crocodile Hunter's final words 4 min ago
- CVS could face millions in fines for missing painkillers 20 min ago