Outages hit Microsoft's Outlook.com, SkyDrive
SAN FRANCISCO, CA -- Microsoft is trying to fix a technological breakdown that has cut off some people from their email accounts on Outlook.com and files stored on the company's SkyDrive service.
The Redmond, Wash., software maker says only a small number of people have been affected by an outage that began Wednesday morning. Microsoft's statement about the problem didn't provide any further specifics.
Even if only a small percentage of Outlook.com users are cut off, the trouble could be frustrating millions of people. Microsoft boasts it has more than 400 million accounts on Outlook.com.
Microsoft Corp. transferred all the users of its other Web email, including those with the hotmail.com and msn.com domains, to Outlook earlier this year as part of its attempt to outshine Google Inc.'s Gmail and Yahoo Inc.'s email.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, and Android devices
- Missing 14-year-old girl found safe in South Texas
- Video from N. Houston pawn shop robbery released
- Armed robbers pistol whip McDonald's manager
- Burglary suspect watches sleeping toddler
- Fire in wood shop fills middle school with smoke
- Case of missing teens solved after 43 years 29 min ago
- 292 missing, 4 dead in South Korea ferry disaster
- Fashion trucks take over downtown Houston
- Missing kid found stuck in coin-operated game
- Over the top promposal had cops in on the secret
- VIRAL VIDEO: Kids try to use a Walkman
- How to lose the last 10 pounds
- Man killed while trying to cross North Freeway
- Missing stop sign blamed for accident in Montgomery Co.
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos