Toyota outsells GM in first 9 nine months of year
TOKYO, Japan -- Toyota's global sales for the first nine months of the year reached 7.41 million vehicles, little changed from the previous year but outpacing General Motors to keep its lead as the world's top-selling automaker.
Detroit-based GM said earlier this month that its global sales for January through September totaled 7.25 million vehicles, up 4.6 percent from a year earlier.
Toyota's vehicle sales for the first three quarters inched up 0.1 percent.
Germany's Volkswagen AG sold just over 7 million vehicles worldwide during the nine months, making it a close third. Volkswagen's global sales increased almost 5 percent during that period from last year.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, and Android devices
- HPD: 2 nursing home residents dead after altercation 21 min ago
- Liberty Institute: Girl told not to read Bible in class
- Man shot four times in north Harris County
- Nurse recalls trying to save teen killed in wreck
- Three charged over duct-taped kids at Buc-ees 5 min ago
- Oh my! NYPD's request for cop photos goes awry
- Man found shot, tied up in SE Houston
- YouTube turns 9 today!
- Family, dog escape north Houston house fire
- IRS awards bonuses to 1,100 who owe back taxes
- Putting gadget germ cleaners to the test
- Gold bars removed from man's stomach
- Company creates 'anti-thigh gap' jeans
- FedEx sued over deadly California bus crash