Burger King to bring back Big Mac copycat
NEW YORK -- What has two all-beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles and onions on a sesame bun? Burger King's latest sandwich.
The Miami-based chain says it's bringing back its "Big King" sandwich, which looks a lot like the popular Big Mac made by its bigger rival McDonald's. The company says it's an addition to the permanent menu rolling out this week.
Burger King says it previously offered the Big King as a limited-time offer. But back then, it didn't have a middle bun, a Big Mac signature, like it does now.
It's just the latest move by Burger King that seems to pay more than a little homage to the Golden Arches.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, and Android devices
- Child dies in multi-vehicle wreck on 290
- Pickup rolls 6 times in northeast Harris County
- Man recovering after freak lawn-mowing accident
- Strong earthquake shakes central, southern Mexico
- Massive reward in brutally beaten dog case
- Student reports near abduction while leaving school
- Motorcyclist killed in NE Harris County wreck
- South Korean ferry boat captain arrested
- Texas officials say gang membership exceeds 100K
- Three accused of stealing items left on airplanes
- Promoters seek to bring back Galveston beach parties
- Key evidence recovered in double murder of Houston women
- Last week's Houston food truck violations
- Man shot while mowing lawn in N. Houston