Google invests $75M more in Texas wind farms
AMARILLO, TX -- Google Inc. will invest $75 million more in Texas wind farms as the tech giant expands its renewable energy efforts.
California-based Google on Tuesday announced an agreement has been finalized for the Panhandle 2 wind turbine site in Carson County, near Amarillo.
A Google statement says the facility, developed by Pattern Energy Group LP, should have the capacity to generate enough renewable energy to power 56,000 U.S. homes. Company officials expect the facility to be operating by late 2014.
Panhandle 2 is Google's 15th renewable energy investment overall and the company's second in Texas. Google a year ago announced a $200 million investment in another Texas Panhandle wind farm - the Spinning Spur Wind Project in Oldham County, about 35 miles from Amarillo.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, and Android devices
- Would-be robbery victim kills suspect at bar
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Blood drive held for officer injured in crash
- New info in case of women found dead by dumpster
- Corvette driver killed by suspected drunk driver
- Fast food restaurant held up by armed suspects
- Oops! Noise complaint leads to drug bust 19 min ago
- Mom confesses to killing 3 young daughters
- One killed in house fire on Houston's south side 38 min ago
- Jet makes emergency landing in Honolulu
- Pre-St. Pat's bash erupts into chaos
- Fire marshal: Teen burned mom's clothes over marijuana
- Yates comes up short in 3A title game
- Students learn science through unique course