Action 13 gets results for homeowner
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Getting new windows is a good way to save energy and spruce up your home, but a family in southwest Houston says their improvement project cannot get off the ground.
The family says they paid a contractor months ago and still do not have the windows to show for it. The homeowner paid for work back in May, but they still do not have the windows and to make matters worse, weeks had gone by without any contact with the contractor, until we got involved.
Dana Hakimi has been waiting since May to have her windows replaced. She says she even paid a contractor nearly $3,000 for the work. That was back in May when Hakimi says she first contacted BarrierPlus after seeing a discount deal.
She said, "I believe it was pay $300 toward a thousand dollars' worth of windows."
Hakimi tells us at first BarrierPlus did do some work, putting in new insulation in the attic, but then she says the communication with the company all but stopped.
"I can't get in touch with anybody," she said. "Nobody is returning my emails."
Hakimi says a month went by without hearing from BarrierPlus, so she called us. We called the company Monday and on Tuesday morning Hakimi's phone rang.
Hakimi said, "It wasn't until I contacted you and obviously you contacted BarrierPlus that initiated a phone conversation."
Hakimi says her contractor apologized and has set a date of October 25 for the window installation. BarrierPlus is a member of the Better Business Bureau in Dallas.
Monica Russo with the Houston BBB explained, "There is a standard resolution process that the company is bound to go through."
Russo says her colleagues in Dallas have started an investigation into BarrierPlus
"The company obviously has to address this complaint," she said.
Hakimi says she will be happy when the window replacement job is finished.
"Really all I want, Jeff, i just want my windows," she said. "That's what i want out of this whole thing."
We reached out to the contractor, but he has not returned our calls. Hakimi says the contractor said he was busy in the Dallas area and also experienced a death in the family and promised to get the work done here before the end of the month.
action13, jeff ehling
- Obama urges world to act on Mandela legacy
- Suspects posing as officers break into home
- HISD schools may ditch Indian-themed mascots
- HPD: Baybrook Mall employee abducted, raped
- 5 Things to Know for Today
- Cop throws K-9 through suspect's window after chase
- UFC heavyweight fighter dies at age 30
- Man accused of pranking notable coaches about jobs arrested
- Great deals on Wednesdays at Thrift Store Outlet
- Would you 'Like' a Facebook 'Sympathize' button?
- 'Sound of Music' actress Eleanor Parker dies at 91
- Holiday mail: You're running out of time!
- Doctor accused of poisoning fellow physician due in court
- Backyard sinkhole nightmare finally ends
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos