Super Bowl travel packages already selling fast
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Texans fever is infecting more and more fans as the team continues its march to a record setting season. In fact, some fans are already planning for the ultimate football road trip -- the Super Bowl.
You will not hear Super Bowl talk coming from the team, but the fans can dream. And make no mistake, businesses are starting to make Super Bowl plans right now.
Texans fans have no doubt the team is headed to New Orleans in February.
"Oh my God, absolutely," said Texans fan Elizabeth Locke. "I am so excited, as long as everyone stays healthy, I think we have a great shot."
Locke is not alone. After every team win, Texans start calling travel agencies.
Michelle Weller with Travel Leaders said, "They are calling about, 'What are the Super bowl packages? Can we get anything now?' And everything is practically sold out."
Weller says even now, getting a room in New Orleans during the Super Bowl weekend will not be cheap, no matter who your favorite team is.
"If you want to get somewhere close to downtown, we have some packages available for $5,545," Weller explained. "They are requiring a minimum four night stay, which is similar to what they do with Mardi Gras, but it does include tickets for that, and to stay at the Windham or the Drury Inn, which is not exactly the ideal location."
That's right, four nights and a ticket to the Super Bowl right now costs $5,545 per person. The ticket puts you in the upper deck of the Super Dome. Even at that price, Weller says there are only limited spaces available.
Another option is to buy a ticket and simply drive to New Orleans on game day.
Kayla Ramsey with Midtown Tickets said, "Brokers from all over the country have theirs listed already and are selling them."
Ramsey says she is getting calls from Texans fans who want tickets now, but Super Bowl seats are not cheap.
"About $2,700 just to get in upstairs and they range anywhere from $2,700 to $8,000 a ticket," she said
One travel agent told us cruise ships might be available that could add extra rooms. Also they may book buses that take fans without tickets to New Orleans for the day so they can watch the game on Bourbon Street, but that is only if the team makes it that far.
action13, jeff ehling
- Man nabbed after video shows burglar staring at baby
- Security guard fatally shot in SW Houston 56 min ago
- It's Free Stuff Friday!
- HPD aims to keep officers safe behind wheels
- Man avoids $525 fine for soda refill 6 min ago
- Two people inside parked car shot, one fatally 9 min ago
- Twin boys foil carjacking in San Antonio 17 min ago
- Chipotle plans first price hike in 3 years
- Michaels confirms breach of as many as 2.6M cards
- Prosecutors seek arrest warrant for ferry captain 19 min ago
- Kansas City highway shooting suspect in custody
- 12 killed, 3 missing in avalanche on Everest
- Prostitution sting nets 5 arrests in NW Harris County
- Chris Brown trial could start as soon as today
- Travis Herzog's Friday weather forecast
32 min ago