Free Stuff Friday offers indoor and outdoor activities
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- For Free Stuff Friday we've got you covered for both indoor and outdoor activities.
We just got through Christmas but it's never too early to start thinking about Valentine's Day. We have a great way to score a free photo for your sweetie.
Start off the New Year with a trip to museums or the Houston Zoo. This weekend is the Bank of America "Museums on Us" weekend. Card holders can get free admission to Houston Children's Museum, Museum of Fine Arts and the Houston Zoo on Saturday and Sunday.
Keep in mind that Saturday will be the last day to catch the zoo holiday lights exhibit, and at the children's museum this weekend is the "blast from the past - retro toys unwrapped". Parents and children can go back in time to enjoy the toys from 1910 to the 80s, but only Bank of America card holders get free admission.
Over at Discovery Green this Saturday, enjoy art and ice at the 5th annual ice carving competition. Acclaimed ice artists from around the country wield chainsaws, blow torches and razor sharp chisels to transform blocks of ice into amazing works of art in five hours. The event is from 10am to 5pm.
If that event isn't cold enough for you, take the kids over to the Lego store on Tuesday at 5pm and take part in the mini model workshop and build an igloo and penguin set. The event is for kids ages 6 to 14, and supplies are limited.
Start the New Year with a new picture. Both Picture Me portrait studios located inside participating Walmarts and Sears portrait studios are offering an online coupon for a free 10x13 wall portrait. The retail price is normally $29.98 to $44.97. The coupon is good for one single 10x13 image. The Sears coupon expires in April and the Picture Me portrait coupon expires in May.
action13, patricia lopez
- Man wakes up locked in jet at Bush IAH
- Mom killed in SW Houston; husband wanted
- College student from Baytown fatally shot
- Kubiak era ends in Houston
- Winter Weather advisory for several local counties
- Parts of Astrodome to be demolished Sunday
- Icy storm sends Houston workers to help North Texas
- Rice wins C-USA title with 41-24 win over Marshall
- HFD captain receives award for courage
- Teacher says he was fired because he's gay
- Member of 2005 Astros World Series team returns
- Dog rescued from fire in Conroe
- Drivers stuck on icy I-35 as cold blast hits Texas
- US tourist and war vet, 85, free from NKorea