Dealership comes to the rescue after used car troubles
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- It is a used car buyers worst nightmare: Finding out there is a major problem after you've left the car lot. It happened to a north Houston man who thought he done everything right.
This 2008 Volkswagon Eos is a real eye-catcher, just ask Jason Jenkins.
"I fell in love with it and had to have it," he said.
Jenkins says he bought the car used in 2009 from Knapp Chevrolet. At the time, the Carfax report turned up no issues, but he purchased the extended warranty anyway.
Three years later, the car started having problems.
"The top and the air conditioner went out," Jenkins said.
Jenkins says he took the car to two different Volkswagon dealerships and eventually got some bad news.
"They said that the top had structural problems," he said.
The extended warranty company said it would not pay for repairs because the car had been in wreck. That left the car in pieces at a Volkswagen dealership and Jenkins staring at a $2,000 repair bill on a car he could not drive but was still making payments on.
"It was horrible. I didn't know what to do," he said.
After jenkins called us, we contacted Knapp Chevrolet, which took another look at the car.
"It was involved in structural accident. I am assuming it was a rollover accident, and we were not aware of it," said Lovell Lloyd with Knapp Chevrolet.
Even though the car was bought more than three years ago, Lloyd is taking the car back.
"We are either going to replace the car, or he is going to buy another car and take the car back in trade and come to a mutual agreement on the monitory, dollar amount," he said.
The exact details are still being worked out, but Jenkins will be getting another car or enough cash to get one. Jenkins says he is grateful to the dealership for taking care of the problem.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
action13, jeff ehling
- Parts of Astrodome demolished
- Smoke prompts IAH Terminal B evacuations
- Mom killed in SW Houston; husband charged
- Man wakes up locked in jet at Bush IAH
- North Korea purges Kim Jong Un's powerful uncle
- Storm along East Coast dumps snow, snarls traffic
- Wrecker driver shot in NE Houston
- 2013 College bowl schedule
- Salvation Army ringer sets 105-hour record
- Paul Walker memorial in California draws thousands
- Susan Boyle diagnosed with Asperger's
- Officials find 11 dead whales in Florida Keys
- Local post offices open Sundays for holiday rush
- No more ice, but cold weather continues