Tips and tricks to declutter small spaces
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Experts share how to keep those small space, like drawers and purses, from becoming cluttered.
Professional organizer Julie Hibbs with Squared Away gives advice on how to tackle those smaller jobs when you're thinking of spring cleaning.
When you start organizing, remove everything from drawers, categorize the items and put them back in an organizer.
- Expand-a-drawer cutlery tray
- Expanding utensil tray from Container Store
- Vanity space saver - Cosmetics organizer tray
- Dresser drawer space saving boxes
- Organizing boxes from IKEA
Hibbs adds that you shouldn't waste money on gadgets that promise to help you keep your purse organized. Instead, she advises finding a makeup bag and a slim wallet to keep things organized. Additionally, set aside a few minutes at the end of the day to clear the items that made their way into your handbag throughout the day.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
action13, patricia lopez
- Severe weather possible Saturday morning
- Mom devastated by tragedy pushes for change
- Three Harris County deaths related to H1N1
- Boy, 4, saves family from overnight fire
- Santa sparks impromptu marriage ceremony
- 'Duck Dynasty' fans react to Phil's hiatus
- Police: Teen admits shooting out car windows
- Foul weather threatens to snarl US holiday travel
- Obama: '2014 can be a breakthrough year'
- Turning those holiday gift cards into cash
- Photos: What do you do if you shopped at Target?
- Video: Harris County inmates get early Christmas
- FBISD approves new GPA-exempt courses
- Man tries to grab woman jogging on trail