Tips and tricks to declutter small spaces
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Experts share how to keep those small space, like drawers and purses, from becoming cluttered.
Professional organizer Julie Hibbs with Squared Away gives advice on how to tackle those smaller jobs when you're thinking of spring cleaning.
When you start organizing, remove everything from drawers, categorize the items and put them back in an organizer.
- Expand-a-drawer cutlery tray
- Expanding utensil tray from Container Store
- Vanity space saver - Cosmetics organizer tray
- Dresser drawer space saving boxes
- Organizing boxes from IKEA
Hibbs adds that you shouldn't waste money on gadgets that promise to help you keep your purse organized. Instead, she advises finding a makeup bag and a slim wallet to keep things organized. Additionally, set aside a few minutes at the end of the day to clear the items that made their way into your handbag throughout the day.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
action13, patricia lopez
- Man recovering after freak lawn-mowing accident
- Strong earthquake shakes central, southern Mexico
- Security guard fatally shot in SW Houston
- Man shot while mowing lawn in N. Houston 34 min ago
- South Korean ferry boat captain arrested 5 min ago
- Key evidence recovered in double murder of Houston women 26 min ago
- Man allegedly seen on video during burglary charged
- It's Free Stuff Friday!
- Police: Man suffocated son so he could play video games
- SpaceX launches supplies to space station 48 min ago
- Easter on 4/20, pot holy day; pastors reach out
- University overstated fiscal health by some $23M
- Man avoids $525 fine for soda refill
- Two people inside parked car shot, one fatally