Inventor wants to help you find your keys
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- How many times have you said, why didn't I think of that? Meet a man who did think of 'that' -- and it could be the next big thing that helps make it so you never lose anything again.
They're the things we lose most -- keys, sunglasses, wallets -- but thanks to bluetooth technology, you can now find that needle in a haystack.
Inventor Jimmy Buchheim is the creator of Stick n Find. It's small quarter sized button that sticks on anything and syncs with your smart phone. He says the technology has been out there for a while, but this is the first of its kind to work with your phone.
Buchheim gives a demonstration looking for a remote control. His iPhone displays a radar, showing how far the missing object is. With a working distance up to 150 feet, finding those keys in the morning is about to become less stressful.
So you use your smart phone to find lost items. But what happens if you lose your phone? A feature called virtual leash can help. If you leave home without your phone, the button on your keys will beep -- alerting that you forgot your smart phone. Buchheim says you can also put a Stick n Find on your phone and sync it with another family member's mobile device to help you locate it.
action13, jeff ehling
- Police impersonator sexually assaults woman
- Police: Woman tried to abduct boy walking to school
- HFD vehicle involved in deadly accident
- ABC13 gets exclusive tour of home after drug bust
- Neighbors forced to pull up community garden
- Officer fatally shoots burglary suspect
- Arrested partiers claim Galveston police went too far
- HPD officer involved in northeast Houston crash
- Fire engulfs northeast Houston home
- Obama imposes sanctions over Ukraine crisis
- Man to be tried as adult for deadly childhood attack
- Two arrested in deadly hit-and-run on FM 1960
- Woman asleep in Bieber's rented home arrested
- Woman's mummified body found at Detroit-area home