Free wedding dresses for military brides
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- In this week's 'What's the Deal' segment, we're talking free wedding dresses. They're free for anyone in the military or marrying someone in the military.
The program is called Brides Across America. It's a non-profit group that helps women find the dress of their dreams. If you're interested and think you may qualify, you can register online. Then you'll be sent to a bridal boutique for a dress fitting.
"The brides come in. They are just so thrilled that people are thinking of them," said event organizer Callie Canfield from BHLDN salon. "They want them to have an amazing experience."
"Having the dress just cements that this is happening," said bride-to-be Carolyn Fowl. "I am getting married. Now that I have the dress, it's like, 'Ahhh, I have the dress. That's the most important thing.'"
Brides Across America events are going on throughout the year all across the country. You can find out more on our page on the Deals website.
And remember. You can catch stories like this in our show Deals, Saturday mornings at 10am on ABC13.
- Man shot outside restaurant drives family to safety
- Severe weather clears, leaves damage behind
- Houston mayor weighs in on 'Duck Dynasty' feud
- Houston couple dead in apparent murder-suicide
- NASA astronauts complete first spacewalk
- Constable: Teen admits shooting out car windows
- Hospital: Teen shot at Colorado school dies
- Chase restricts cards affected by Target breach
- New Houston light rail line opens for business
- 1 dead, 1 injured in drive-by double shooting
- Katy blows late lead, falls to Cedar Hill in title game
- Allen tops Pearland 63-28, defends 5A D-I title
- Aledo beats Brenham 38-10 for 4th title in 5 years
- Things you didn't know about reindeer