Free wedding dresses for military brides
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- In this week's 'What's the Deal' segment, we're talking free wedding dresses. They're free for anyone in the military or marrying someone in the military.
The program is called Brides Across America. It's a non-profit group that helps women find the dress of their dreams. If you're interested and think you may qualify, you can register online. Then you'll be sent to a bridal boutique for a dress fitting.
"The brides come in. They are just so thrilled that people are thinking of them," said event organizer Callie Canfield from BHLDN salon. "They want them to have an amazing experience."
"Having the dress just cements that this is happening," said bride-to-be Carolyn Fowl. "I am getting married. Now that I have the dress, it's like, 'Ahhh, I have the dress. That's the most important thing.'"
Brides Across America events are going on throughout the year all across the country. You can find out more on our page on the Deals website.
And remember. You can catch stories like this in our show Deals, Saturday mornings at 10am on ABC13.
- HPD: 2 nursing home residents beaten to death 43 min ago
- Three charged over duct-taped kids at Buc-ees
- Jailer accused of sneaking smokes, snacks
- Former Houston cop facing drug charges
- Madison students on alert after reported abduction
- 5 former Buffalo Bills cheerleaders sue over pay 46 min ago
- Liberty Institute: Girl told not to read Bible in class
- Oh my! NYPD's request for cop photos goes awry
- 'Felony Lane Gang' targeting women's purses
- Big reward for sex assault suspect who missed court date
- Man found shot, tied up in SE Houston
- Man shot four times in north Harris County
- Nurse recalls trying to save teen killed in wreck
- YouTube turns 9 today!
- Travis Herzog's Wednesday weather forecast
52 min ago