Free wedding dresses for military brides
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- In this week's 'What's the Deal' segment, we're talking free wedding dresses. They're free for anyone in the military or marrying someone in the military.
The program is called Brides Across America. It's a non-profit group that helps women find the dress of their dreams. If you're interested and think you may qualify, you can register online. Then you'll be sent to a bridal boutique for a dress fitting.
"The brides come in. They are just so thrilled that people are thinking of them," said event organizer Callie Canfield from BHLDN salon. "They want them to have an amazing experience."
"Having the dress just cements that this is happening," said bride-to-be Carolyn Fowl. "I am getting married. Now that I have the dress, it's like, 'Ahhh, I have the dress. That's the most important thing.'"
Brides Across America events are going on throughout the year all across the country. You can find out more on our page on the Deals website.
And remember. You can catch stories like this in our show Deals, Saturday mornings at 10am on ABC13.
- Kids hospitalized after chemical leak at pool 30 min ago
- One taken to hospital after SUV drives into barber shop 28 min ago
- Girl gets finger stuck in recalled Easy Bake Oven 10 min ago
- Doc reaches deal in bizarre break-in case
- Grant to help research hurricane-protection options
- Deputies: Boy tied up, beaten for smearing poop in sink
- Community leaders plead for answers in women's deaths
- Do you know this fake cop rapist?
- Protesters call for HISD to fire superintendent
- New movie centers on life of Cesar Chavez
- Conroe police investigating death of 11-month-old
- Out-of-state visitor wins Texas-sized lottery ticket
- These neighbors are gearing up for a fight
- Missing Malaysian Airlines flight changed course
- Gov. Perry to appear on Jimmy Kimmel Live!
13 min ago