Free wedding dresses for military brides
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- In this week's 'What's the Deal' segment, we're talking free wedding dresses. They're free for anyone in the military or marrying someone in the military.
The program is called Brides Across America. It's a non-profit group that helps women find the dress of their dreams. If you're interested and think you may qualify, you can register online. Then you'll be sent to a bridal boutique for a dress fitting.
"The brides come in. They are just so thrilled that people are thinking of them," said event organizer Callie Canfield from BHLDN salon. "They want them to have an amazing experience."
"Having the dress just cements that this is happening," said bride-to-be Carolyn Fowl. "I am getting married. Now that I have the dress, it's like, 'Ahhh, I have the dress. That's the most important thing.'"
Brides Across America events are going on throughout the year all across the country. You can find out more on our page on the Deals website.
And remember. You can catch stories like this in our show Deals, Saturday mornings at 10am on ABC13.
- Sugar Land man charged after Walmart lockdown
- Good Samaritans rescue mom, kids after wreck
- Liberty Co. judge, wife injured in head-on wreck
- 4 killed, 3 injured in wreck involving taxi in Pasadena
- Dogs dies in northeast Houston house fire
- Landslide devouring Wyoming town
- TSU band heading to Canton with Michael Strahan
- More bodies recovered from sunken ferry
- Looks like perfect Easter Egg hunting weather
- Teen denies peeing in Oregon reservoir
- Special Olympian gets assist from Rice students
- 17-year-old fatally shot outside Katy-area strip center
- Hope this doesn't make you sick
- Authorities searching for sex assault fugitive