Women get chance to train for a job, dress for success
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Listen up, ladies. You can get free clothing and job training.
The non-profit group Dress for Success helps women get jobs by providing them with free clothing, shoes, handbags and even jewelry. They also have career development classes and each time a woman goes to a class, they get to go shopping for another outfit.
It's been a life changing experience for a lot of women in our area.
"It makes you feel like a new woman," said client Jenniver Zoufalik. "It gives you the confidence to portray someone you might not necessarily be. And the rest of it takes off and you become that successful person."
"Now that I've regained that confidence, I'm back out there," added client Ronda Robertson. "I've set my goals. I've reached my goal."
All Dress for Success clients are referred to the organization when they are job ready and have an interview set up. There are a lot of Houston area non-profits that we work with that get the ladies job ready. Then once they land the job, they are invited back to receive a second suit and to join the Professional Women's Group (PWG). The PWG provides employed women on-going educational programs at Dress for Success Houston.
Dress for Success accepts gently used suits and gently used accessories. So if you are cleaning out your closet this weekend, keep that in mind.
There's also a similar group that provides suits for men.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Houston man was supposed to be on missing plane
- Valet driver crashes, totals man's SUV
- Wife charged in hubby's New Year's Eve murder
- Violent House of Pies robbery linked to murder
- Jimmy Kimmel, crew in Austin for SXSW
- Search widens for missing Malaysian passenger jet 47 min ago
- Shots fired during armored car robbery
- 'Bachelor' finale, plus see new 'Bachelorette'
- Parents distracted by devices, study says
- Neighbors upset over gun range near homes
- Colorado collects $2 million in recreational pot taxes 44 min ago
- Four sent to hospital after gas leak at school
- Houston car thieves' wish list
- Truck slams into fast food restaurant