What's the Deal: Makeup on the cheap
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- It's no secret. Ladies spend a lot of money on makeup. So what happens when that makeup breaks?
A lot of people just toss it, but don't do that anymore because we have a solution in today's 'What's the Deal.'
It's a common problem -- dropping your compact and the powder inside shatters everywhere. Well, you can fix it and use it again.
First, grab plastic wrap and set it over the broken makeup and smash up the remaining pieces into a powder. Next, add a little bit of rubbing alcohol and make it into paste. Then just wait.
"I have one here that I've already let sit for four hours and I want to show you how it works," said "It may not be as beautiful as it once did when it was in the store, but it definitely functions as it should."
You can also use alcohol to help make your own custom eyeliner. First, take a bit of eye shadow in any color and add a bit of petroleum jelly. Once that's mixed, add a few drops of alcohol and mix it together to make a gel.
Apply with a thin brush and there you go. Cheap eyeliner!
We have more of these do-it-yourself tips on the Deals website. And you can see more stories like this on our Deals program. which airs Saturday mornings on ABC13 at 10am.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Mystery shipwrecks explored off Galveston
- Woman ambushed while taking out trash
- Here's a reason to lock doors while pumping gas
- Teen reunites with family after being found safe
- Man shimmies through burglar bars at tattoo parlor
- Captain of S. Korea ferry among first to escape
- TDCJ van carrying prisoners crashes near El Campo
- Armed robber was never told to report to prison
- Photos: Know any of Harris County's featured...
- Dangerous sex offenders' moving into Houston area? 1 min ago
- There's pee in the water -- again! 29 min ago
- Bush's ride for wounded veterans scheduled for May 42 min ago
- Facebook rolls out location-sharing feature 25 min ago