Free stuff around town this weekend
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- It's Friday and for this edition of Free Stuff Friday, it's all about deals on food and family friendly entertainment.
Saturday, head over to Galveston for 'Music Night on the Strand'. The featured artist is country band Sam Navarro and The Lone Star Devils. The music starts at 6pm at Saengerfest Park.
Over in Sugar Land, amateur artists will take the stage for the Eighth Annual Sugar Land Super Star. The 'American Idol' like competition kicks off at 7pm Saturday at the Town Square Plaza.
Turning to the free food, it's 'Cow Appreciation Day' at Chick-Fil-A. In celebration, free meals will be given to any customer who shows up fully dressed as a cow. If you aren't that daring, partial costumes score you a free entree.
Tuesday over at the Miller Outdoor Theatre catch a free production of a chorus line presented by Theatre Under the Stars. This musical shows the struggles all actors face when they are trying to make to the broadway stage. Enjoy Tony-winning songs and dance numbers from the classic broadway musical every evening at 8:15pm Tuesday through Sunday of next week. Free tickets will be available the day of the show and as always there is always plenty of seating on the hill.
The Summer Garden Series continues over at Cornelius with a tin can planting event for the kids. This gardening activity is Wednesday from 9:30-10:15am and the kids will get to create a tomato plant container out of a tin can and learn how to care for their tomato plant. Children are asked to bring an empty can with them to learn the importance of recycling.
Finally all Houstonians are scoring thanks to the Houston Rockets win in the Dwight Howard Sweepstakes. Because the center is coming to Houston, Kolache Factory is giving away one free sausage and cheese kolache to each customer from 6 to 10am on July 15th between 6am-10am.
Wings Stop also is celebrating Dwight Howard and his recent signing with the Rockets with free wings to anyone named Dwight. It's a free 8-piece wing combo now through Sunday, July 14 with photo ID.
- Kids hospitalized after chemical leak at pool
- One taken to hospital after SUV drives into barber shop
- Girl gets finger stuck in recalled Easy Bake Oven
- Doc reaches deal in bizarre break-in case
- Grant to help research hurricane-protection options
- Deputies: Boy tied up, beaten for smearing poop in sink
- Community leaders plead for answers in women's deaths
- Do you know this fake cop rapist?
- Protesters call for HISD to fire superintendent
- New movie centers on life of Cesar Chavez
- Conroe police investigating death of 11-month-old
- Out-of-state visitor wins Texas-sized lottery ticket
- These neighbors are gearing up for a fight
- Missing Malaysian Airlines flight changed course