Getting organized is key for successful school year
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- This time of year, moms really are working on getting their house in working order. So with the help of an expert, we are helping you get back on track with items that are a dollar or less.
The teachers at Benjamin O. Davis High School from Aldine ISD know that in order to be successful, they and their students need to be organized.
"Organization is the first step to being focused and having everything ready," said teacher Kimberly Raney.
When shopping on a budget, you need to utilize dollar and 99 cent stores, and a little creativity. Professional organizer Ellen Delap says containers like plastic cups can be stored inside a caddy to create divisions for pens and other school items. Parents can create command centers to help keep up with clutter of their own, putting items in files labeled, action, pay or file, for example.
action13, patricia lopez
- Case of swine flu confirmed in Montgomery County
- City slammed for deal with topless clubs 27 min ago
- Houston police gain powerful new weapon 57 min ago
- Man says found treasure should be his 39 min ago
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Family scrambles to safety from burning home
- Police: Man fatally shoots wife in southsoutheast west Houston 11 min ago
- Mystery of the missing mink
- Bicyclist hit by minivan near park
- Parents sue city of Houston over daughter's death
- Family of Houston girl hopes for life-saving donation
- Congress passes bill that will avoid future govt. shutdowns
- Sketch released of suspect in brazen robbery
- METRO offering new way to get around town