Homecoming dresses don't have to break the bank
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Don't pay department store prices for a homecoming dress when you can pick up a designer dress for $9.99 at the thrift shops.
Pippa Williams has a blog called toocheapblondes.com. It's all about getting that designer look for less at thrift shops says Williams. Pippa says she gives her readers tips, hints, and how to "thrift" shop. She has even convinced her daughters and their friends.
"I like things that not everyone has, and they ask where did you get that and you tell them you got them at a thrift store, and you don't spend that much money, you get a good deal and you have some cool stuff and it's just fun," teenager Victoria Williams said.
Once you convince your kids to make the trip, Pippa's first tip is to look for those designer labels; those are the most quality. Next, she says don't be afraid to pick a dress that's too big or too long. Because you are saving money on the dress, it's OK to spend a little more on the alterations.
Tips on tends:
Trend #1: Strapless sweetheart dresses are hot for homecoming.
Trend #2: Bling it up. Pippa says do this with a combination sequins and crystals. Trend number 3, princess style.
action13, patricia lopez
- Mother of newborn found in dumpster charged
- Bodies of two women found in Galveston County 11 min ago
- Two bodies found in rubble of burned down home 1 min ago
- Shots fired during SW Houston restaurant robbery
- Ex-girlfriend testifies Olympican cheated on her
- Photos: Kardashians' fake home for sale
- Police impersonator sexually assaults woman
- Prankster's good deed prank leads to tears of joy
- Video: Generous students get visit from big Texan 53 min ago
- Save during spring break with freebies
- Comic book banned because it mentions Allah
- ESPN: Johnny Football signs multi-year deal
- Employers add 175K jobs despite harsh weather
- Push-up jeans promise bigger booty