Homecoming dresses don't have to break the bank
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Don't pay department store prices for a homecoming dress when you can pick up a designer dress for $9.99 at the thrift shops.
Pippa Williams has a blog called toocheapblondes.com. It's all about getting that designer look for less at thrift shops says Williams. Pippa says she gives her readers tips, hints, and how to "thrift" shop. She has even convinced her daughters and their friends.
"I like things that not everyone has, and they ask where did you get that and you tell them you got them at a thrift store, and you don't spend that much money, you get a good deal and you have some cool stuff and it's just fun," teenager Victoria Williams said.
Once you convince your kids to make the trip, Pippa's first tip is to look for those designer labels; those are the most quality. Next, she says don't be afraid to pick a dress that's too big or too long. Because you are saving money on the dress, it's OK to spend a little more on the alterations.
Tips on tends:
Trend #1: Strapless sweetheart dresses are hot for homecoming.
Trend #2: Bling it up. Pippa says do this with a combination sequins and crystals. Trend number 3, princess style.
action13, patricia lopez
- Man shot outside restaurant drives family to safety
- Severe weather clears, leaves damage behind
- Houston mayor weighs in on 'Duck Dynasty' feud
- Houston couple dead in apparent murder-suicide
- NASA astronauts complete first spacewalk
- Constable: Teen admits shooting out car windows
- Hospital: Teen shot at Colorado school dies
- Chase restricts cards affected by Target breach
- New Houston light rail line opens for business
- 1 dead, 1 injured in drive-by double shooting
- Katy blows late lead, falls to Cedar Hill in title game
- Allen tops Pearland 63-28, defends 5A D-I title
- Aledo beats Brenham 38-10 for 4th title in 5 years
- Things you didn't know about reindeer