Fall fashion trends don't have to be pricey
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Don't spend money on a new fall wardrobe, when all you need are the accessories to make the outfit .
Fall costume jewelry is big and bold this year. At NeimanMarcus.com, it's all about the multifaceted necklaces. There's a lot of big statement pieces with a mix of color and stones.
On their website, we spotted a gray Oscar de la Renta floral bib necklace for $995. But at Sam Moon off the Katy Freeway, we found a similar look for $9.95.
For pops of color, Banana Republic's gem necklaces are perfect but the price is $59.50. But at Sam Moon, it's the exact same look but prices there start at $9.
Another hot necklace seen all over the runway is the bouquet necklace. This designer one costs $150. A better price is one from Anthroplogie for $58. But we also found another that's almost spot-on and the price is $11.95.
The hot earring trend this year includes a mix of tortoise and crystal. These earrings from J Crew retail for $85. But at Southwest Trading Acessory Plaza on Harwin, we found several looks in the same design with prices starting at $4.95.
These earrings featured on People Magazine's Stylewatch are really not a budget buster at $32, but the copy cat is just $5.45 at Southwest Trading.
And the designer disc shaped earrings that cost $376 at the boutique, we found a similar look for $3.99 at Sam Moon.
Look for handbags that have a top handle, reptile skin or in the shape of an envelope.
action13, patricia lopez
- Texans reportedly release TE Owen Daniels
- Where could missing Malaysian jet be?
- Obama's surprise turn on 'Between Two Ferns'
- Suspected beer thief caught in north Houston
- Protesters call for HISD to fire superintendent 42 min ago
- These neighbors are gearing up for a fight 23 min ago
- Neighbor helps nab fence-jumping burglary suspects 13 min ago
- Houston man was supposed to be on missing plane
- Valet driver crashes, totals man's SUV
- Money-saving sites for booking vacations
- Stars, Blue Jackets game called off after player collapses
- Bieber surprises with performance during SXSW
- Fast food workers share what they wouldn't eat
- Video: Winning Mutton Bustin rider shares her secret