Inspector finds restaurant employee whacking fish on floor
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Health inspectors find all sorts of violations during the week and we've seen just about everything from food off temperature to rodent infestations. But in this week's restaurant report, we found something that took us all by surprise.
We start with an eye opener in far southwest Houston at 9898 Bellaire at the Fu-Fu Restaurant. An inspector found as employee there attempting to kill a fish by hitting it on the floor. Not only is that inhumane, it's unsanitary and the fish was condemned.
Up next at 1952 West Gray at Cafe Ginger, an inspector condemned 16 pounds of raw chicken, soup and egg rolls for not being held at the proper temperature in the reach in cooler.
Up next we go to southeast Houston, to the Family Dollar at 4429 Griggs Road. An inspector found food items on the shelves that were bitten by rodents and the heavy presence of rodent droppings.
In southwest Houston, at 5201 Richmond, Ruchi's was temporarily closed because of roaches. The insects were found crawling on the prep table in the storage area and the floors.
At Jo Jo's Asian Bistro at 23-940 Eastex Freeway it was black. At Los Jacales at 6001 Lyons, it was also black. At Mandarin Hunan Chinese at 777 Walker, it was also black. And at Confucius Seafood Restaurant at 8800 Bellaire, it was black as well. All four had the same problem: Slime in the ice machine.
If you want to see if your favorite place had problems, check the weekly restaurant report.
action13, jeff ehling
- Sketch released of suspect in brazen robbery 43 min ago
- 2 winning Mega Millions tickets sold
- Chase suspect crashes into tree in NW Houston 26 min ago
- Good Samaritan saves Christmas for foster child
- 5 Things to Know for Today
- Family escapes house fire in east Houston
- Suit: Risk of fire aboard Carnival's 'Triumph' known
- Delivery man hides present in trash...on trash day 41 min ago
- Mystery illness kills 4 in Montgomery County
- Man victimized in 'knockout game' style attack
- Tourist distracted by Facebook falls off pier
- Ashby High Rise opponents dealt winning hand
- Man tries to trade gator for beer
- Half-ton chocolate Santa on display at Hilton Americas