How to score free perfume, beauty products
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- The holidays are just around the corner and beauty product companies are launching a new line of products. So now is the best time to try some of them for free.
From the drug store to the department store, we were on a mission to see what we can get for free just by asking.
At Macy's in Memorial City Mall, the beauty consultants were open to giving plenty of perfume samples especially on some of the latest scents. Beauty junkie Kristina Colunga always asks.
"Especially with perfume, you want to know how it's going to set with you and how you care going to enjoy the scent over a period of time," Colunga said.
So, we took Kristina's strategy and went to work.
"I'd love to try this out and see if this is something that will last. Is there a free sample I can have," we asked.
Just by asking we were given 'take-home' samples of just about every perfume available at the counters.
One sample had three different Michael Kors perfumes. It's in a cute little box, it's great, that way you can try it out.
We also scored other freebies at the Benefit counter. We got a free 10 day sample of color stain.
At the Lush counter a travel size soap and shampoo were free. And at the Bare Minerals counter it was a travel size foundation sample.
Over at the high end department stores, we found they are very generous with their beauty samples. At Nordstrom, they freely gave us samples of their $100 face crèmes in small packets.
If they don't have a sample of what you want hey will make one for you in pods.
Over at Neiman Marcus, we were given good size portions of samples. Price points for the full size version are as expensive as $950 a jar.
action13, patricia lopez
- Parts of Astrodome to be demolished
- Smoke prompts IAH Terminal B evacuations 1 min ago
- Mom killed in SW Houston; husband charged
- Man wakes up locked in jet at Bush IAH
- North Korea purges Kim Jong Un's powerful uncle
- Wrecker driver shot in NE Houston
- Storm along East Coast dumps snow, snarls traffic 28 min ago
- Salvation Army ringer sets 105-hour record
- Paul Walker memorial in California draws thousands
- North Texans dealing with ice storm aftermath
- Susan Boyle diagnosed with Asperger's
- Officials find 11 dead whales in Florida Keys
- Local post offices open Sundays for holiday rush
- No more ice, but cold weather continues