Finding latest fashion trend at a reduced price
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- One of the must haves this fall season is capes and ponchos. And whatever your age, from teenagers to seniors, this versatile piece of clothing can really add to your wardrobe during the cooler weather months.
It's a look that many women love.
"I like the fact that they are versatile, you can dress them up and dress them down," said shopper Shaundra Hinson.
Even teenagers find the ponchos stylish.
"I like the kind of loose fitting thing, they look cute with leggings and stuff," said a young shopper.
Some of the designer's ponchos and capes we found online cost hundreds of dollars. We found the look for less at Southwest Trading Accessory Plaza off Harwin for as little as $12.
Over at Sam Moon off the Katy Freeway near Bunker Hill, we found a big selection of ponchos and capes for every style. Prices start at just 12 here too.
"So I thought this was a great look for a trend going into an evening," Hamilton said. "It's a simple little black and white dress."
Ursaline says you can pull a black poncho over the dress and you're covered for an evening out.
"And just pulling it off the shoulder to show off that we have that strapless dress on just shows a little more skin," said Hamilton.
For the office you can take the same poncho, this time in a different color, and pair it with black leggings and a black tank.
"Adding a skinny belt just dresses it up a bit and pulls it with the bracelets," Hamilton said.
The same look can be worn another way with a poncho. This time add metallic leggings and layered necklaces.
"It's $28 and it's such a great piece and we have shown it three different ways," she said.
action13, patricia lopez
- Employees shot outside Galleria area restaurant 45 min ago
- Is Pearland mom the most 'unstoppable?'
- Kids hospitalized after chemical leak at pool
- One taken to hospital after SUV drives into salon
- Girl gets finger stuck in recalled Easy Bake Oven
- Wrestler hugs opponent's dad after loss
- Malaysia not sure which way lost jet was headed
- Prom dress shop rallies community to help teen
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm 53 min ago
- Flight diverted to Houston after baby stops breathing
- Federal government could get involved in school fight 4 min ago
- Dying child receives experimental drug 19 min ago
- First the wind, then the cold 49 min ago
- Doc reaches deal in bizarre break-in case