What's the Deal: Stress free cleaning
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- With a plan in place, you don't have spend your weekends cleaning your house, leaving you to enjoy your free time. Professional organizer and author of 'Unstuff Your Life' Andrew Mellen has a plan you can follow so you won't have to lift a finger on Saturday and Sunday.
- Wash dishes and wipe down the kitchen counters. Use the dishwasher if you have one. It saves you time and money.
- Make the bed.This takes 1-3 minutes each morning. Get kids and your spouse to help!
- Declutter by putting things back where they belong
- Put mail in one location for sorting later
Time: 15-30 MINS
Kitchen (counters, sweep/mop, go through fridge, tidy up pantry, prepare any soups, slow-cooker meals and other things that will provide multiple meals)
Time: 30-60 MINS
Bathroom(sink, toilet, shower, floor) Give yourself an extra 30 minutes in the morning and you can clean everything and then shower yourself.
Time: 20-30 MINS
Laundry Get help if you live with other people -- kids, spouses can fold, match socks, put clean/folded clothes away
Time: 2-3 HOURS
THURSDAY: Paperwork, including the mail
Time: 45-60 MINS
Living areas (vacuum, dust, go through magazines) This even leaves you time for a Friday night out!
Time: 30-45 MINS
SATURDAY and SUNDAY:
Enjoy your weekend and do the things you LOVE since your house is clean and neat!
Kat shares her money-saving secrets on "Deals" Saturdays at 10am on ABC13 and on the Live Well Network 13.2.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Body pulled from rubble of burned down home
- Shots fired during SW Houston restaurant robbery
- Police impersonator sexually assaults woman
- Ex-girlfriend testifies Olympican cheated on her
- Officer fatally shoots burglary suspect
- Photos: Kardashians' fake home for sale 29 min ago
- Prankster's good deed prank leads to tears of joy
- Save during spring break with freebies
- Comic book banned because it mentions Allah
- ESPN: Johnny Football signs multi-year deal 51 min ago
- Employers add 175K jobs despite harsh weather
- Push-up jeans promise bigger booty 13 min ago
- Blind man survives fall onto subway tracks
- Recipes to make deep fried treats at home
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos