What's the Deal: Stress free cleaning
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- With a plan in place, you don't have spend your weekends cleaning your house, leaving you to enjoy your free time. Professional organizer and author of 'Unstuff Your Life' Andrew Mellen has a plan you can follow so you won't have to lift a finger on Saturday and Sunday.
- Wash dishes and wipe down the kitchen counters. Use the dishwasher if you have one. It saves you time and money.
- Make the bed.This takes 1-3 minutes each morning. Get kids and your spouse to help!
- Declutter by putting things back where they belong
- Put mail in one location for sorting later
Time: 15-30 MINS
Kitchen (counters, sweep/mop, go through fridge, tidy up pantry, prepare any soups, slow-cooker meals and other things that will provide multiple meals)
Time: 30-60 MINS
Bathroom(sink, toilet, shower, floor) Give yourself an extra 30 minutes in the morning and you can clean everything and then shower yourself.
Time: 20-30 MINS
Laundry Get help if you live with other people -- kids, spouses can fold, match socks, put clean/folded clothes away
Time: 2-3 HOURS
THURSDAY: Paperwork, including the mail
Time: 45-60 MINS
Living areas (vacuum, dust, go through magazines) This even leaves you time for a Friday night out!
Time: 30-45 MINS
SATURDAY and SUNDAY:
Enjoy your weekend and do the things you LOVE since your house is clean and neat!
Kat shares her money-saving secrets on "Deals" Saturdays at 10am on ABC13 and on the Live Well Network 13.2.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Violent House of Pies robbery linked to murder
- Shots fired during armored car robbery
- Neighbors upset over gun range near homes
- Four sent to hospital after gas leak at school
- Houston car thieves' wish list 55 min ago
- Truck slams into fast food restaurant
- Suspect arrested wearing Cookie Monster onesie
- 'Ban Bossy' campaign to empower girls to lead
- Mom accused of beating son with mop, bat 7 min ago
- More Houstonians using METRO system
- Wife charged in hubby's New Year's Eve murder
- Woman accused of preying on elderly man
- Ex-teacher accused of sex with student
- Police: Miley fan sneaked into Omaha dressing room