485,000 high chairs recalled after injury reports
WASHINGTON -- More than 485,000 Chico Polly high chairs are being recalled after a design flaw led to children getting cuts and bruises.
Importer Artsana USA Inc. knows of 21 children getting injured from falling against pegs on the back legs of the chairs, which are meant to store the tray. Four children got cuts serious enough to require stiches, and one had a scratched cornea.
There are 26 chair models involved. They were sold from January 2005 through this month online and at major chains including Babies R Us, Buy Buy Baby and Toys R Us.
Model details are on the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission website at www.cpsc.gov, or at www.chiccousa.com/pollykit.
The company will provide free kits to cover the pegs. Requests may be made online or by calling 800-807-8817.
- Blood drive held for officer injured in crash 38 min ago
- New info in case of women found dead by dumpster 1 min ago
- 20 on missing plane worked for Austin company
- Body found after shots ring out near Greens Bayou 29 min ago
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Students learn science through unique course 21 min ago
- Collision sends HPD officer, driver to hospital
- Fire marshal: Teen burned mom's clothes over marijuana
- Person fatally falls from 6th floor of building at Texas A&M
- Thousands of bees attack woman in California
- North Houston house fire leaves one dead
- Yates comes up short in 3A title game
- Masked robbers hold up bank in west Harris County
- Three bodies found in rubble of burned down home