Honda recalls more than 800,000 minivans and SUVs
DETROIT, MI -- Honda is recalling more than 800,000 minivans and SUVs in the U.S. because they can roll away even though drivers have removed the key.
The recall affects 318,000 Honda Odyssey minivans and 259,000 Pilot SUVs from the 2003 and 2004 model years. Also included are 230,000 Acura MDX SUVs from the 2003 through 2006.
Honda says a system that stops the key from being removed unless the vehicles are in park can wear out. Eventually drivers can pull out the key while the minivans and SUVs are still in gear, and they can roll off and crash.
Honda says it has received a small number of complaints about the problem, including two that caused minor injuries.
Dealers will fix the problem for free. Owners will get notices starting in February.
- Missouri City cheers on 'Resurrection' star 15 min ago
- One killed in house fire on Houston's south side
- Big names, fans converge on Austin for SXSW 51 min ago
- Would-be robbery victim kills suspect at bar
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- VIP treatment for military families at RodeoHouston
- More than two dozen hurt in musical stage collapse
- Rockets rally for OT win over Blazers 33 min ago
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Toronto mayor mocked for daylight savings flub
- Amazing images from midair accident in Florida
- Woman badly burned in Conroe apartment fire
- Ford Motor Co. leader William Clay Ford dies
- Photos: South by Southwest in Austin