GM recalling 193,652 SUVs for fire risk
DETROIT, MI -- General Motors is recalling more than 193,652 SUVs from the 2006 and 2007 model years because a circuit board in the driver's door could short and cause a fire.
The vehicles involved are the Chevrolet Trailblazer, GMC Envoy, Buick Rainier, Saab 9-7x and Isuzu Ascender from the 2006 and 2007 model years. The 2006 Chevrolet Trailblazer EXT and GMC Envoy XL are also included.
GM says owners should park the vehicles outside until they're repaired.
GM says the defect is caused when water gets into the driver's side door and corrodes a circuit board. If it shorts out, the power door and window switches may stop working. It could also cause overheating, which can lead to smoke or fire.
GM is notifying owners. Dealers will repair the vehicles for free.
- Police investigating attempted smash-and-grab 12 min ago
- Outlet mall shoppers get Sunday scare
- Teen fatally shot remembered in service in Spring
- Car leaves gaping hole in apartment complex
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Sketch released of suspect in elderly woman assault 36 min ago
- 'Dancing With the Stars' season 18 kicks off tonight
- Residents jump from windows to escape apartment fire 53 min ago
- St. Patrick's Day traditions decoded
- Keep grays at bay with root touch-up products
- Crimea votes to secede from Ukraine
- Canada-Mexico flight makes emergency Montana stop
- Fiat recalling more than 18,000 2014 Fiat 500Ls 46 min ago
- Cab driver accused of exposing himself to girl
- Travis Herzog's Monday weather forecast
5 min ago