Hyundai to recall Genesis cars to fix brakes
DETROIT, MI -- Hyundai says it will recall 27,500 Genesis Luxury cars to fix problems that could cause the brakes to fail.
The automaker says the recall affects cars from the 2009 through 2012 model years.
Brake fluid in the cars will be changed and dealers will inspect brake control modules to see if they need to be replaced.
Hyundai says fluid in the cars doesn't have a corrosion inhibitor. As a result, a gel can build up on valves in the braking system. That can cause loss of braking.
Dealers will pick up the cars and give customers loaner vehicles.
The move comes after the U.S. government announced an investigation on Monday.
- Shots fired during armored car robbery 34 min ago
- Sketch released in murder of women found dumped 29 min ago
- Murder suspect vomits during graphic testimony
- Teen leads police on high-speed chase
- Ex-teacher accused of sex with student 56 min ago
- No outings for Clear Lake drowning mom
- Two sent to hospital after gas leak at HISD middle school 37 min ago
- Suspect in violent House of Pies robbery charged
- Missouri City cheers on 'Resurrection' star
- Big names, fans converge on Austin for SXSW
- Information on price tags decoded
- Naked murder suspect caught on camera punching officer
- McDonald's game plan to win back customers
- Sandy Hook shooter's dad wishes son was never born