'Billy Goat Bandit' robs again
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- The Houston FBI Bank Robbery Task Force is seeking the public's assistance in identifying a man who is now suspected in at least five Houston area bank robberies.
According to the FBI, the latest occurred at the Wells Fargo located inside the Randall's Grocery Store located at 11041 Westheimer on Friday. In previous robberies, the robber sported a unique straggly beard with extra long chin hair, earning him the nickname of the "Billy Goat Bandit." During this most recent robbery, the robber's chin whiskers were more neatly trimmed.
At about 1:45pm, the male entered the Randall's and approached the bank located inside the store. He asked for a withdrawal slip and then produced a note from his coat sleeve. He showed the note to the teller which demanded money in a threatening manner. The teller handed him a small amount of money and the robber fled on foot. No getaway vehicle was observed. No one was physically hurt during the robbery.
The "Billy Goat Bandit" is described as a black male, mid-twenties, 5'10"-6' tall, with an average build. He had a dark complexion and trimmed goatee. He wore a black baseball cap with an unknown design and a black jacket.
The "Billy Goat Bandit" is suspected in at least four other Houston area robberies: the Woodforest Bank at 12484 Northwest Freeway on October 16; the First Convenience Bank at 11701 South Sam Houston Parkway on October 27; the Primeway Federal Credit Union at 9828 Blackhawk on November 14; and the Wells Fargo at 1407 South Voss on November 19.
Crime Stoppers is offering up to $5,000 for information leading to the charging and arrest of the "Billy Goat Bandit", or any felony suspect. If you have information about this crime, please call the Crime Stoppers Tip Line at 713-222-TIPS (8477) or the Houston office of the FBI at 713-693-5000.
- Six UH students reportedly robbed on campus 31 min ago
- HPD: Husband dies in attempted murder-suicide
- Local missionaries hurt in rollover wreck in Africa
- Law enforcement training program suspended
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- 5 Things to Know for Today
- Woman who went for smoke outside found dead on porch 15 min ago
- Beyonce's holiday surprise
- McDonald's employee injured during attempted robbery
- Free Stuff Friday: Holiday happenings this weekend 55 min ago
- Woman walking dog near Montrose sexually assaulted
- Coloring book featuring Ted Cruz selling fast
- Multiple people stabbed after Denver football game
- Boy's mouth duct taped for talking in class