Clerk forced into back room by robber
SANTA FE, TX (KTRK) -- Police are trying to find the man who held up a Santa Fe convenience store at gunpoint on Monday.
Santa Fe police say a suspect came into the Exxon North convenience store located at 1105 FM 646 N. at about 8:30pm Monday. He entered the store with a pistol in his hand in a takeover style robbery.
The suspect pointed the gun at the clerk immediately upon entering and demanded money. The clerk cooperated and surrendered an undisclosed amount of cash. The suspect then directed the clerk to the back room of the store and fled on foot.
A Santa Fe police K-9 unit tracked the suspect east of the store on 2nd Street where it is believed the suspect had a car waiting.
The suspect is described as a black male, 5'7" to 6', with a medium build, wearing blue athletic style pants and black athletic style jacket with a white emblem on the back. The suspect wore a white rag on his head and his face was covered with a blue bandana.
Santa Fe police were assisted by deputies from the Galveston County Sheriff's office and the Dickinson Police. Detectives secured physical evidence at the store as well as video footage of the robbery. Anyone with information about this aggravated robbery is asked to contact the Santa Fe police department 409-925-2000 or Crime Stoppers 409-763-TIPS (8477).
santa fe, crime tracker
- Obama urges world to act on Mandela legacy 34 min ago
- Suspects pose as officers while breaking into home 1 min ago
- HISD schools may ditch Indian-themed mascots
- HPD: Baybrook Mall employee abducted, raped
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- 5 Things to Know for Today
- Cop throws K-9 through suspect's window after chase
- UFC heavyweight fighter dies at age 30
- Man accused of pranking notable coaches about jobs arrested
- Great deals on Wednesdays at Thrift Store Outlet 38 min ago
- Would you 'Like' a Facebook 'Sympathize' button?
- 'Sound of Music' actress Eleanor Parker dies at 91 37 min ago
- Oklahahoma not likely to erect satanic monument
- Holiday mail: You're running out of time!
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos