'XXXL Bandit' holds up Clear Lake bank
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- The FBI Bank Robbery Task Force is asking for the public's help in identifying a man who robbed the Wells Fargo located inside the Randall's store at 2323 Clear Lake City Boulevard in Houston on Monday, July 12. The male robber has a unique large stature which is depicted in the bank's surveillance photos taken during the robbery.According to the FBI, at approximately 12:25pm, the man entered the bank, approached a teller and handed the teller a threatening note which demanded money. The teller provided the man with some cash. He fled the bank. No getaway vehicle was observed. No weapon was observed during the robbery. No one was physically hurt.
The "XXXL Bandit" is described as a white male, late 20s to early 30s, approximately 5'7"-5'8" tall, 275 pounds, with a heavy build, a pear-shaped frame and a medium complexion. He wore a black baseball-type cap with an unknown logo, a tan tight-fitting t-shirt and blue jeans. He appeared to be dirty and sweated heavily during the robbery. He possibly had long dark curly brown hair which appeared to be pulled up in the back. He also had an unkempt brown beard and mustache.
Crime Stoppers of Houston is offering up to $5,000 for information leading to the charging and arrest of this robber, or any felony suspect. If you have information about this crime, please call the Crime Stoppers Tip Line at 713-222-TIPS (8477).
clear lake, crime tracker
- Blood drive held for officer injured in crash
- New info in case of women found dead by dumpster
- 20 on missing plane worked for Austin company
- Body found after shots ring out near Greens Bayou
- Students learn science through unique course
- Collision sends HPD officer, driver to hospital
- Fire marshal: Teen burned mom's clothes over marijuana
- Person fatally falls from 6th floor of building at Texas A&M
- Thousands of bees attack woman in California
- North Houston house fire leaves one dead
- Yates comes up short in 3A title game
- Masked robbers hold up bank in west Harris County
- raw video: Sarah Palin remixes 'Green Eggs and Ham'
- Three bodies found in rubble of burned down home