Report crime online with new tool
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- There's a new tool for the public to use to report minor crimes online.The Harris County Sheriff Office's online reporting system can be accessed directly from their home page, www.hcso.hctx.net under the "Report Crime" tab. It's designed to allow the public to report low priority crimes that do not require a patrol response.
Citizens can report:
- Misdemeanor thefts
- Missing/lost property
- Criminal mischief to public or private property including damage to a motor vehicle without suspect information
Felonies and cases with known suspects will not be allowed on the online reporting system.
Once the citizen submits the report online, he/she will see the message "Your report has been submitted" and will receive a temporary case number.
The reports will go to HCSO Burglary and Theft personnel. The online system provides documentation needed by victims to file insurance claims.
The HCSO's online reporting system will save time for victims and the deputies who otherwise might have to go to non-emergency scenes when they can be responding to more urgent matters.
- Man shot outside restaurant drives family to safety
- Severe weather clears, leaves damage behind
- Houston mayor weighs in on 'Duck Dynasty' feud
- Houston couple dead in apparent murder-suicide
- NASA astronauts complete first spacewalk
- Constable: Teen admits shooting out car windows
- Hospital: Teen shot at Colorado school dies
- Chase restricts cards affected by Target breach
- New Houston light rail line opens for business
- 1 dead, 1 injured in drive-by double shooting
- Katy blows late lead, falls to Cedar Hill in title game
- Allen tops Pearland 63-28, defends 5A D-I title
- Aledo beats Brenham 38-10 for 4th title in 5 years
- Things you didn't know about reindeer