Alvin murder suspect at large
ALVIN, TX (KTRK) -- Alvin police reached out to the public Wednesday for help locating a man accused of murdering his ex-wife.Mateo Moreno Ramirez is believed still to be in the Alvin or Houston/Galveston area, but officials said he may have fled to Mexico. He has been on the run since early Friday.
Police were called to a report of shots fired in the 2000 block of West Adoue Street around 2am Friday. When officers went inside, they found 35-year-old Christina Garza dead from multiple gunshot wounds.
Garza's children, ages 15 and 17, were asleep at the time and had no idea what happened, officials said.
Investigators gathered enough evidence to identify Garza's ex-husband, Ramirez, as the primary suspect. Alvin police issued a murder warrant for his arrest but have been unable to locate him.
Ramirez is a 34-year-old Latino man with black hair and brown eyes. He is 5 feet 6 inches tall and weighs 190 pounds.
According to police, he should be considered armed and dangerous.
If you know where Ramirez may be, call Det. Patrick Moore at 281-388-4370 or Brazoria County Crime Stoppers at 800-460-2222. Crime Stoppers is offering up to $1,000 for any information leading to Ramirez's arrest. All tipsters remain anonymous.
alvin, crime tracker
- Thieves slash bank customer's tire, nab purse
- Missing 14-year-old girl found safe in South Texas
- Video from N. Houston pawn shop robbery released
- Armed robbers pistol whip McDonald's manager
- Nail flies into man's chest during freak accident
- Most insane job interview ever
- Plaza sale sparks parking problem for nearby church
- Lottery dates for 2015 Houston marathon announced
- Last week's Houston restaurant violations
- Jumbo jet to move through streets of Clear Lake
- Suspect: 'My girl is about to rob the store'
- Marriage fraud conspiracy lands 4 in prison
- Man held up on his way home from bank
- Reward to nab Most Wanted sex offender climbs to $13K
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos