Alvin murder suspect at large
ALVIN, TX (KTRK) -- Alvin police reached out to the public Wednesday for help locating a man accused of murdering his ex-wife.Mateo Moreno Ramirez is believed still to be in the Alvin or Houston/Galveston area, but officials said he may have fled to Mexico. He has been on the run since early Friday.
Police were called to a report of shots fired in the 2000 block of West Adoue Street around 2am Friday. When officers went inside, they found 35-year-old Christina Garza dead from multiple gunshot wounds.
Garza's children, ages 15 and 17, were asleep at the time and had no idea what happened, officials said.
Investigators gathered enough evidence to identify Garza's ex-husband, Ramirez, as the primary suspect. Alvin police issued a murder warrant for his arrest but have been unable to locate him.
Ramirez is a 34-year-old Latino man with black hair and brown eyes. He is 5 feet 6 inches tall and weighs 190 pounds.
According to police, he should be considered armed and dangerous.
If you know where Ramirez may be, call Det. Patrick Moore at 281-388-4370 or Brazoria County Crime Stoppers at 800-460-2222. Crime Stoppers is offering up to $1,000 for any information leading to Ramirez's arrest. All tipsters remain anonymous.
alvin, crime tracker
- One dead, several injured in bar shooting 19 min ago
- Van smashes into home in northwest Harris Co.
- Family affected by HPD homicide probe speaks out
- Texans land 2 primetime games
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Rockets fall to Portland again, down 2-0 in series
- Authorities: Deadly wreck sparked by fleeing driver 12 min ago
- Job fair today only for veterans, spouses 9 min ago
- FDA proposes first regulations for e-cigarettes
- Batteries in baby video monitors recalled 43 min ago
- Two people shot outside auto shop
- Man seeks to hide 'murder' tattoo before trial
- Cy-Fair ISD: Bible OK to bring for independent reading
- Fetal tissue used to power Oregon homes