Houston wife charged with husband's murder
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A Houston woman's story about her husband's death Sunday didn't match up with the evidence, investigators said, and she ended up being charged with his murder.According to the Harris County Sheriff's Office, Marcia Jacqueline Dinanno called 911 around 3:20pm Sunday to report that a masked intruder shot her husband and attacked her at their home in the 12900 block of New Cypress Drive.
Deputies said they arrived and found Dinanno's husband -- 57-year-old Henry Joseph Breaux -- shot to death inside the home.
Dinanno was transported to an area hospital where she refused treatment, officials said. They then took her to the HCSO homicide unit for a statement.
The scene investigation contradicted Dinanno's statement, according to authorities, and she was charged with the murder of Breaux.
Dinanno, 59, was being held Monday at Harris County Jail on $100,000 bond. She was slated to appear in the 232nd district court Tuesday.
Anyone with information on this case is asked to contact HCSO at 713-967-5810 or Crime Stoppers at 713-222-TIPS. All Crime Stoppers tipsters remain anonymous.
crime stoppers, crime tracker
- Former Port of Houston IT director accused of theft 59 min ago
- NASA hopes to avoid emergency spacewalk on ISS 36 min ago
- Woman's life spared by inches in freak accident
- Cyclists ride to honor woman killed in hit-and-run
- Boy's mouth duct taped for talking in class 33 min ago
- 5 Things to Know for Today
- Shoppers getting excuses instead of packages
- 'Fake' interpreter: 'I was hallucinating' 10 min ago
- Driver charged after turning to cosmetic for revenge 19 min ago
- California man accused of running 'revenge porn' site
- Motorcyclist dies after colliding with car
- Witnesses pull woman from fiery wreck
- Are more Doritos-flavored foods on the way?
- Astrodome to be considered historic landmark
- Woman jailed over nasty note in lipstick
37 min ago