ID theft suspect steals $20,000 worth of goods
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Officials want the public's help to identify a suspect wanted for identity theft and credit card abuse at several stores. It is believed that the suspect has stolen more than $20,000.Since January 2011, a man has been purchasing gift cards and stealing merchandise at several stores in the Friendswood, Pasadena, League City, La Porte and Houston area, using many victims' identities and credit card information.
Surveillance cameras at the stores captured the suspect making purchases with the stolen credit cards. According to Crime Stoppers, the suspect is described as a white male, 30-40 years of age, 5'5" to 5'7" in height, weighing 170 pounds with a medium build.
Crime Stoppers will pay up to $5,000 for any information called in to the 713-222-TIPS (8477) or submitted online at www.crime-stoppers.org that leads to the filing of felony charges or arrest of the suspect in this case. Tips can also be sent by text message. Text TIP610 plus your tip to CRIMES (274637). All tipsters remain anonymous.
- Missouri City cheers on 'Resurrection' star
- North Texas family holds out hope for loved one
- Big names, fans converge on Austin for SXSW
- One killed in house fire on Houston's south side
- VIP treatment for military families at RodeoHouston
- More than two dozen hurt in musical stage collapse
- Rockets rally for OT win over Blazers
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Toronto mayor mocked for daylight savings flub
- Amazing images from midair accident in Florida
- Woman badly burned in Conroe apartment fire
- Ford Motor Co. leader William Clay Ford dies
- Photos: South by Southwest in Austin
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman in freak accident