Snatching cigs from clerk's hand ups charge
RICHMOND, TX (KTRK) -- Richmond police are asking the public for help in identifying a man who committed a theft at the Walgreen's located in the 1600 block of Jackson in Richmond.The unidentified man walked into the Walgreen's at 12:52pm on Tuesday, June 28, and was seen on video placing merchandise in his pockets. Police say he then went to the checkout register and asked the clerk for a pack of cigarettes. When the clerk went to ring up the cigarettes the suspect grabbed the pack of cigarettes from the clerk's hand and ran out the store.
The suspect was last seen leaving the Walgreen's parking lot in a gold colored vehicle traveling northbound on Collins Road.
The theft of a pack of cigarettes would normally be considered a Class C misdemeanor, however, since the suspect grabbed the cigarettes from the clerk's hand this is considered theft from a person, which is a state jail felony.
If anyone recognizes the suspect in the photos, they're asked to contact Detective Diana Butinski at the Richmond Police Department at 281-342-2849.
richmond, crime tracker
- Two dead in apparent murder-suicide in Pasadena
- Employees shot outside Galleria area restaurant
- 2 NYC buildings collapse in explosion, 2 dead 29 min ago
- Kids hospitalized after chemical leak at pool
- Mateo states his case for cupcakes for dinner 5 min ago
- 'I'm dying' - Crocodile Hunter's final words
- Girl gets finger stuck in recalled Easy Bake Oven
- Woman takes out frustration on Pennsylvania reporter
- Wrestler hugs opponent's dad after loss
- Malaysia not sure which way lost jet was headed
- Prom dress shop rallies community to help teen
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Flight diverted to Houston after baby stops breathing
- Federal government could get involved in school fight
- David Tillman's weather forecast
13 min ago