Suspect attacks store clerk during robbery attempt
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Authorities are searching for a suspect who attacked a store clerk during an attempted aggravated robbery in the Richmond area.
At about 9:40pm on December 5, Ft. Bend Co. Sheriff's deputies say they were called to the Timewise (Shell) Convenience Store in the 3500 block of FM 762 where the store clerk said the suspect entered the store brandishing a handgun and demanded money. The clerk said the suspect was aggressive, and before the clerk could answer, he began hitting the clerk in the head with the handgun.
The clerk said he raised his arms and rushed toward the bandit, who turned and exited the store.
A second store clerk who had been outside, and said they saw the suspect run across FM 762 and into the parking lot of Petco and Marshall's in the Brazos Town Center shopping center. Deputies conducted a search of the area, but could not find the suspect.
The clerk was treated at the scene by EMS and later went to the hospital by private vehicle.
The suspect is described as a white male about 30 to 35 years of age. He had gray, shortly trimmed hair and was wearing a red hoodie.
Information which leads to the apprehension and filing of charges on the suspect involved could earn you up to $5,000 cash reward. Call Fort Bend County Sheriff's Office at 281-341-4665, Fort Bend Crime Stoppers, Inc. at 281-342-TIPS (8477) or text FBCCS plus the tip to CRIMES (274637). Tips also can be submitted online at FortBend-TX-CrimeStoppers.org. All calls to Crime Stoppers are anonymous.
richmond, crime tracker
- Former Port of Houston IT director accused of theft
- NASA suspects bad valve for space station trouble 17 min ago
- Woman's life spared by inches in freak accident
- Cyclists ride to honor woman killed in hit-and-run
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Boy's mouth duct taped for talking in class
- Kim Jong Un's uncle executed as traitor 42 min ago
- Bride accused of pushing husband off cliff pleads guilty
- What was interpreter REALLY signing
- Shoppers getting excuses instead of packages
- 'Fake' interpreter: 'I was hallucinating'
- Driver charged after turning to cosmetic for revenge
- California man accused of running 'revenge porn' site
- YouTube Rewind: What does 2013 say?