Reward offered for clues in father, daughter killings
TEXAS CITY, TX (KTRK) -- A reward is being offered for information in the killings of a father and teenage daughter found shot to death in their Texas City home
We first told you about this tragic story the day it happened -- Monday, November 21.
Texas City police say two armed men forced their way into the family's house in the 700 block of Amburn Road just before 2am. They demanded money and then shot Jorge Vargas, 33, and his 15-year-old daughter Miranda. The victims died at the scene.
Vargas' son, 11, was home but was unharmed.
The two suspects remain at large, and Crime Stoppers is now offering a $2,000 reward for any information leading to the suspects' arrest in the double homicide.
Although both men had their faces covered, police released more detailed descriptions of the suspects in hopes that someone will come forward with new clues that may help them solve this case.
They say one suspect was a black man in his mid- to late 20s, stood 6 feet tall and had a skinny build. He wore a black, zip-up cloth jacket and blue or black denim jeans.
The other intruder was a Latino man with a heavy build. He was about 5 feet 5 inches tall, had some facial hair and a deep voice. The man wore a black, zip-up cloth jacket and also white or tan Dickies pants with black shoes.
They fled the scene in an unknown direction. At this time, the motive appears to be robbery.
Anyone with any information regarding this case is asked to call Detective Paul Edinburgh with the Texas City Police Department at 409-643-5838 or Mainland Crime Stoppers at 409-945-8477.
texas city, crime tracker
- Man shot outside restaurant drives family to safety
- Severe weather clears, leaves damage behind
- Houston mayor weighs in on 'Duck Dynasty' feud
- Houston couple dead in apparent murder-suicide
- NASA astronauts complete first spacewalk
- Constable: Teen admits shooting out car windows
- Hospital: Teen shot at Colorado school dies
- Chase restricts cards affected by Target breach
- New Houston light rail line opens for business
- 1 dead, 1 injured in drive-by double shooting
- Katy blows late lead, falls to Cedar Hill in title game
- Allen tops Pearland 63-28, defends 5A D-I title
- Aledo beats Brenham 38-10 for 4th title in 5 years
- Things you didn't know about reindeer