Clues sought in New Year's death of woman found nude under bridge
PASADENA, TX (KTRK) -- Crime Stoppers and investigators with the Pasadena Police Department's Homicide Division are asking for the public's help solving the violent murder of Edlyn Villegas.
On January 1, at approximately 11:30am, the body of Villegas, 36, was found under the Vince Bayou Bridge at 100 Queens Road in Pasadena. Her body was found lying on her back, nude and badly beaten. The victim's clothing and cell phone were found nearby. Findings from the Harris County Institute of Forensic Sciences autopsy have yet to reveal a definitive cause of death, and the results of a sexual assault exam are pending.
Prior to her death, Villegas was seen at a nightclub located near the 1400 block of Spencer Highway, in South Houston. At approximately 1:30-2:00 am, after a verbal altercation with an unidentified female patron, Villegas left the night club. Villegas was frequently known to walk home via Perez Street and Queens Road. The location of her body was on the same route.
Anyone with information about the identity of the suspect(s) is asked to contact Crime Stoppers of Houston at 713-222-TIPS (8477).
Crime Stoppers will pay up to $5,000 for any information called in to the 713-222-TIPS (8477) or submitted online at www.crime-stoppers.org that leads to the filing of felony charges or arrest of the suspect(s) in this case. Tips can also be sent by text message. Text TIP610 plus your tip to CRIMES (274637). All tipsters remain anonymous.
pasadena, crime tracker
- Outlet mall shoppers get Sunday scare
- Teen fatally shot remembered in service in Spring
- Car leaves gaping hole in apartment complex
- Record tied at RodeoHouston school art auction
- Crimea votes to secede from Ukraine
- US rejects Crimea vote, cites Russian intimidation
- Facebook campaign aims to save dog that mauled 4-year-old
- Last words from missing jet came after shutdown
- 3 pieces of evidence point to jet's takeover
- Foster tweets he's been medically cleared to play
- Wrong way driver dies after slamming into students' SUV
- Rockets fall to Heat for third straight loss
- Cavs join Gators, 'Cats, Shockers as No. 1 seeds
- HISD expanding dual language program