FBI seeks to identify St. Patrick's Day bank robber
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- The Houston FBI office is asking the public to help them identify a Saint Patrick's Day bank robber.
The robbery happened around 10:30am Saturday at Bank of America inside Fiesta, located at 14315 Bellaire Blvd. in southwest Houston.
According to officials, the man entered the bank and handed the teller a threatening note, demanding money.
The teller cooperated and gave the man an undisclosed amount of cash in a white bank envelope, investigators said.
The man then grabbed the envelope and fled on foot.
No one was physically hurt during the robbery.
Surveillance cameras captured images of the robber, who is described as a light-skinned black or Middle Eastern male. He was 35-40 years old, about 5 feet 8 or 9 inches tall, 180 pounds with a medium build. He wore a tan baseball hat, navy blue jacket, navy Polo shirt with white stripes, blue jeans, dark shoes and sunglasses.
Crime Stoppers will pay up to $5,000 for any information called in to the 713-222-TIPS (8477) or submitted online at www.crime-stoppers.org that leads to the filing of felony charges or arrest of the suspect(s) in this case. Tips can also be sent by text message. Text TIP610 plus your tip to CRIMES (274637). All tipsters remain anonymous.
You can also call the Houston office of the FBI at 713-693-5000
- Kids hospitalized after chemical leak at pool
- One taken to hospital after SUV drives into barber shop
- Girl gets finger stuck in recalled Easy Bake Oven
- Doc reaches deal in bizarre break-in case
- Grant to help research hurricane-protection options
- Deputies: Boy tied up, beaten for smearing poop in sink
- Community leaders plead for answers in women's deaths
- Do you know this fake cop rapist?
- Protesters call for HISD to fire superintendent
- New movie centers on life of Cesar Chavez
- Conroe police investigating death of 11-month-old
- Out-of-state visitor wins Texas-sized lottery ticket
- These neighbors are gearing up for a fight
- Missing Malaysian Airlines flight changed course