Driver sought in fatal hit-and-run of pedestrian on East Sam Houston Parkway
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Investigators are asking for help finding a hit-and-run driver who killed a man last week.
It happened at the East Sam Houston Parkway at Woodforest at around 8:45pm on March 14. Authorities say Richard Ybanez was crossing the service road when he was hit by a vehicle. The driver never stopped, fleeing the scene southbound on the service road toward I-10.
Ybanez was rushed to a hospital where he died.
Investigators are looking for a red four door sedan with damage to the front left-hand side.
Anyone with information about the identity of the suspect is asked to contact Crime Stoppers of Houston at 713-222-TIPS (8477).
Crime Stoppers will pay up to $5,000 for any information called in to the 713-222-TIPS (8477) or submitted online at www.crime-stoppers.org that leads to the filing of felony charges or arrest of the suspect(s) in this case. Tips can also be sent by text message. Text TIP610 plus your tip to CRIMES (274637). All tipsters remain anonymous.
- weather: Storms moving through southeast Texas
- Here's a reason to lock doors while pumping gas 14 min ago
- Smash and grab burglar targets tattoo parlor
- Teen reunites with family after being found safe 17 min ago
- Nail flies into man's chest during freak accident
- Couple dead in apparent murder-suicide
- 'Real Housewives' star Porsha Williams arrested
- Chip in at Chipotle for Discovery Green
- Most insane job interview ever
- Texas town recovering, year after deadly blast
- No sew: Create Easter tutus on the cheap
- Firetruck plows into LA-area cafe; 15 hurt
- Robber who was homesick for prison to be sentenced
- Plaza sale sparks parking problem for nearby church