Sketch released of driver in fatal hit-and-run accident
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Crime Stoppers and investigators with the Houston Police Department are hoping to capture the driver responsible for the hit-and-run death of Richard Coburn, Jr.
On March 14, at approximately 2:15am, Coburn was walking near the 3400 block of West Fuqua when an unknown driver struck him with a white Honda sedan. Officials say the driver of the vehicle continued to the next traffic light, where he stopped and checked the vehicle for damage. The driver returned to the vehicle and drove away, failing to stop and render aid to Coburn.
Coburn was pronounced dead at the scene of the accident.
Forensic artists completed a composite sketch of the suspect. Anyone with information about the identity of the suspect is asked to contact Crime Stoppers of Houston at 713-222-TIPS (8477).
Crime Stoppers will pay up to $5,000 for any information called in to the 713-222-TIPS (8477) or submitted online at www.crime-stoppers.org that leads to the filing of felony charges or arrest of the suspect(s) in this case. Tips can also be sent by text message. Text TIP610 plus your tip to CRIMES (274637). All tipsters remain anonymous.
- HISD schools may ditch Indian-themed mascots
- HPD: Baybrook Mall employee abducted, raped
- HISD principal, administrator arrested in Alabama
- Vandals strike vehicles in Woodland Heights
- Holiday mail: You're running out of time!
- Backyard sinkhole nightmare finally ends
- Know the guy in this surveillance video?
- Driveway theft of 200lb generator caught on camera
- SAPD: Fatally shot student from Baytown charged officer
- Stockman challenges Cornyn in Texas US Senate race
- Raw sewage seeping into Oak Forest homes
- Restaurant apologizes for racist sign
- Police chase emu down I-35 near Austin
- Video: Wade Phillips on life after Kubiak