Police release sketch of sex assault suspect
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Houston police hope a sketch will lead them to the man who abducted and sexually assaulted a 15-year-old girl in southeast Houston.
The young victim is traumatized and still coping. Police are asking for the public's help so they can get the guy who attacked her off the streets.
Neighborhoods don't get much quieter than the 3500 block of Dreyfus in southeast Houston.
"This is a pretty well-known street for senior citizens, so not much crime happens on this end," said Greg Richardson.
Or so residents thought.
Last month, a 15-year-old girl was sexually assaulted after she'd been abducted. She was on Corder Street walking home after school when police say a man driving a black 4-door Chrysler 300 with chariot rims stopped in front of her, forced her into his car, then drove her to a secluded area near the 3500 of Dreyfus and attacked her.
Police say after the sexual assault took place in the neighborhood, the young girl managed to escape and get help. Investigators want him off the streets.
"From how it happened, there's always a possibility that it could have happened in the past or might happen again in the future," said E. Hanson with the Houston Police Department.
Her attacker is described as a light-skinned black male with dreadlocks, about 6 feet 3 inches tall, with a red star tattoo inside his forearm and several tattoos on both arms. Police also say he had a gap in his teeth and spoke with a Jamaican accident.
Stunned neighbors knew nothing about it.
"That's terrible. It's really bad. That's going to make me more aware and I will ask some questions around here in the neighborhood," said Margaret Hopson.
Anyone with information on the identity of the suspect in the sketch is urged to contact the HPD Juvenile Division at 713-731-5335 or Crime Stoppers at 713-222-TIPS.
- HPD: Fight between roommates ends in shooting 16 min ago
- Video from violent fast food robbery released
- Helping those left homeless by fire
- Man accused of leaving co-worker naked in ditch
- Time Magazine names its Person of the Year 22 min ago
- Mandela ceremony interpreter deemed a 'fake'
- More Astrodome seats to go on sale today 36 min ago
- Female libido drug remains in limbo
- Mandela's body arrives for viewing in South Africa
- Cleveland ISD: Girl resisting officer hit with Taser
- Winning Mega Millions jackpot numbers drawn
- What's going to be built on Beacon Island?
- You can still save on Christmas gifts
- Special member of abc13 family passes away
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos