Man sought for violent sex assault in 2009
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Authorities need your help in the search for a man charged in the 2009 aggravated sexual assault of a woman.
On July 2, 2009, at approximately 9am, authorities say a 45-year-old female victim was walking to an apartment located near the 6900 block of South Loop East. She was unaware of an unknown suspect approaching her from behind. The unidentified suspect grabbed her by the throat and began to choke her.
The victim attempted to defend herself, but was repeatedly beaten by her assailant. The suspect was able to force her into a vacant apartment nearby, where he violently sexually assaulted her.
The suspect fled the scene, robbing the victim of her personal possessions.
In January 2012, DNA recovered as evidence in the assault was matched to the suspect, James West Jorden. Two months later, Jorden was charged with aggravated sexual assault with $30,000 bond.
Anyone with information about the location of the fugitive is asked to contact Crime Stoppers of Houston at 713-222-TIPS (8477).
Crime Stoppers will pay up to $5,000 for any information called in to the 713-222-TIPS (8477) or submitted online at www.crime-stoppers.org that leads to the filing of felony charges or arrest of the suspect(s) in this case. Tips can also be sent by text message. Text TIP610 plus your tip to CRIMES (274637). All tipsters remain anonymous.
- Shots fired during armored car robbery
- Neighbors upset over gun range near homes
- Sketch released in murder of women found dumped
- Murder suspect vomits during graphic testimony
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Truck slams into fast food restaurant
- Suspect arrested wearing Cookie Monster onesie
- Wife charged in hubby's New Year's Eve murder
- Woman accused of preying on elderly man
- Ex-teacher accused of sex with student
- Police: Drunk man demanded bed to sleep
- Woman found living with dead spouse for month
- Photos: South by Southwest in Austin
- Four sent to hospital after gas leak at school
- Tim Heller's weather forecast
13 min ago