Man sought for violent sex assault in 2009
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Authorities need your help in the search for a man charged in the 2009 aggravated sexual assault of a woman.
On July 2, 2009, at approximately 9am, authorities say a 45-year-old female victim was walking to an apartment located near the 6900 block of South Loop East. She was unaware of an unknown suspect approaching her from behind. The unidentified suspect grabbed her by the throat and began to choke her.
The victim attempted to defend herself, but was repeatedly beaten by her assailant. The suspect was able to force her into a vacant apartment nearby, where he violently sexually assaulted her.
The suspect fled the scene, robbing the victim of her personal possessions.
In January 2012, DNA recovered as evidence in the assault was matched to the suspect, James West Jorden. Two months later, Jorden was charged with aggravated sexual assault with $30,000 bond.
Anyone with information about the location of the fugitive is asked to contact Crime Stoppers of Houston at 713-222-TIPS (8477).
Crime Stoppers will pay up to $5,000 for any information called in to the 713-222-TIPS (8477) or submitted online at www.crime-stoppers.org that leads to the filing of felony charges or arrest of the suspect(s) in this case. Tips can also be sent by text message. Text TIP610 plus your tip to CRIMES (274637). All tipsters remain anonymous.
- Severe weather possible Saturday morning
- Mom devastated by tragedy pushes for change
- Three Harris County deaths related to H1N1
- Boy, 4, saves family from overnight fire
- Santa sparks impromptu marriage ceremony
- 'Duck Dynasty' fans react to Phil's hiatus
- Police: Teen admits shooting out car windows
- Foul weather threatens to snarl US holiday travel
- Obama: '2014 can be a breakthrough year'
- Turning those holiday gift cards into cash
- Photos: What do you do if you shopped at Target?
- Video: Harris County inmates get early Christmas
- FBISD approves new GPA-exempt courses
- Man tries to grab woman jogging on trail