Driver sought in hit-and-run of pedestrian in E. Houston
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Authorities are searching for the driver who failed to stop and render aid to a pedestrian following a collision in east Houston.
On April 29 at around 9pm, the 45-year-old male victim was crossing the street near the 200 block of N. York St. at a non-pedestrian portion of the roadway. As he crossed the street, an unidentified driver struck him, and failed to stop and render aid.
The victim suffered severe head and bodily injury. After the accident he was transported to an area hospital, where he remains in critical condition.
The vehicle is described as a dark colored, possible 2005 model car, with tinted windows. It bears Texas license plates, numbered either ZXL247B or ZXL242B. Investigators note that the vehicle suffered major windshield damage, with unknown amounts of body damage.
The suspect driver is described as a bald black male, approximately 35-40 years old. At the time of the offense he wore a white t-shirt.
Anyone with information about the identity of the suspect is asked to contact Crime Stoppers of Houston at 713-222-TIPS (8477).
Crime Stoppers will pay up to $5,000 for any information called in to the 713-222-TIPS (8477) or submitted online at www.crime-stoppers.org that leads to the filing of felony charges or arrest of the suspect(s) in this case. Tips can also be sent by text message. Text TIP610 plus your tip to CRIMES (274637). All tipsters remain anonymous.
- Missouri City cheers on 'Resurrection' star
- North Texas family holds out hope for loved one
- Big names, fans converge on Austin for SXSW
- One killed in house fire on Houston's south side
- VIP treatment for military families at RodeoHouston
- More than two dozen hurt in musical stage collapse
- Rockets rally for OT win over Blazers
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Toronto mayor mocked for daylight savings flub
- Amazing images from midair accident in Florida
- Woman badly burned in Conroe apartment fire
- Ford Motor Co. leader William Clay Ford dies
- Photos: South by Southwest in Austin
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman in freak accident