Father waits for answers in son's disappearance
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- There have been eight months of concern and helplessness for one family in Montgomery County. That's how long it's been since they've seen or heard from their son.
The young man went missing after getting into a fight at a bar on Sawdust near I-45 in Spring. Now investigators say they suspect foul play.
It will be eight months on Tuesday since 24-year-old TJ Murray, Jr. disappeared. Investigators suspect foul play was involved, but with so few answers they haven't ruled anything out.
"Faith, hope and family that's what you got," said Tom Murray, TJ's father. " That's how we are dealing with it one day at a time."
Time ticks on with no answers, and no TJ.
Murray said, "Someone knows something. The Lord knows what's going on and whoever did what they did knows what's going on."
The Sam Houston State student has been missing since last October. Investigators have retraced TJ's path and found he met a friend at a bar on Sawdust Road. The two left his father's truck and went to other bars in the area before ending up at a sports bar down the street. TJ was seen on surveillance camera leaving just after midnight on October 19.
"It's not like him to just disappear and that's what happened," Murray said.
Montgomery County Sheriff's deputies have determined there was some type of fight before TJ was asked to leave and escorted off the property.
Katherine Cabaniss with Crime Stoppers explained, "It's one of those cases, unsolved, a complete mystery, no leads about what has happened to this young man."
His vehicle was found the next day in the parking lot of the bar and his cell phone was discovered in a nearby ditch.
Murray's father says he hopes Crime Stoppers involvement will help give him and TJ's three younger brothers the answers they've been waiting for.
"He's on our mind every minute of the day," he said.
Crime Stoppers is offering a $5,000 reward for information that leads to charges or an arrest in the case. If you have any information, you are asked to call Crime Stoppers at 713-222-TIPS.
crime tracker, christine dobbyn
- New info in case of women found dead by dumpster 18 min ago
- Body found after shots ring out near Greens Bayou 15 min ago
- Vietnam spots oil slicks in hunt for missing jet
- North Houston house fire leaves one dead
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Collision sends HPD officer, driver to hospital
- Fire marshall: Teen burned mom's clothes over marijuana 46 min ago
- Person fatally falls from 6th floor of building at Texas A&M
- Thousands of bees attack woman in California 53 min ago
- Yates comes up short in 3A title game
- Masked robbers hold up bank in west Harris County
- Three bodies found in rubble of burned down home
- Mark Kelly, twin brother enlisted for NASA study
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store