Five accused of running large retail theft ring
TOMBALL, TX (KTRK) -- Police nabbed five suspects who they say were stealing from Walmart stores.
On Wednesday, June 20, 2012, at approximately 4:30pm, the Tomball Walmart located at 27650 Tomball Parkway, reported a theft of property. Walmart employees gave police a description of the suspects and their vehicle.
Police stopped the vehicle and arrested Stephanie Chavez, Deann Drab, Matilda Vargas, Brandy Hernandez and Randall Contreras, all from the Houston area. Officers say they recovered property, which was stolen from several Walmart stores.
Detectives say they found physical evidence linking the suspects to a large theft ring that has been operating for more than two years.
All five suspects were charged with organized retail theft. Bond was set at $5,000 for Drab, Vargas, Hernandez and Contreras. Chavez's bond was set at $10,000.
- Girl finds mother shot to death in SW Houston
- College student from Baytown fatally shot
- Kubiak era ends in Houston
- Shots fired during robbery on UH campus
- Dog rescued from fire in Conroe
- Apartments under construction burn in 2-alarm blaze
- Pearl Harbor ceremony marks bombing anniversary 32 min ago
- Ice stalls sections of I-35 in North Texas 24 min ago
- Reindeer escapes from Santa at Colorado mall 21 min ago
- Dad's murder trial too much for him to watch
- Homeowner questions handling of Christmas package
- Photos: North Texas covered in ice and snow
- Cold, damp weather to continue
- Video: Dog shoplifts and buries treats