Five accused of running large retail theft ring
TOMBALL, TX (KTRK) -- Police nabbed five suspects who they say were stealing from Walmart stores.
On Wednesday, June 20, 2012, at approximately 4:30pm, the Tomball Walmart located at 27650 Tomball Parkway, reported a theft of property. Walmart employees gave police a description of the suspects and their vehicle.
Police stopped the vehicle and arrested Stephanie Chavez, Deann Drab, Matilda Vargas, Brandy Hernandez and Randall Contreras, all from the Houston area. Officers say they recovered property, which was stolen from several Walmart stores.
Detectives say they found physical evidence linking the suspects to a large theft ring that has been operating for more than two years.
All five suspects were charged with organized retail theft. Bond was set at $5,000 for Drab, Vargas, Hernandez and Contreras. Chavez's bond was set at $10,000.
- weather: Rain showers popping up across SE Texas
- Overturned tanker truck causing traffic nightmare
- Residents fire through door, killing woman
- Police: Suspected drunk driver slams into ambulance
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Gay pride parade's new condom policy draws criticism
- Officials: Homeowner fatally shoots burglar
- Houston man sentenced for operating bogus ambulance companies 42 min ago
- Minn. mother, son accused of stealing gopher feet 30 min ago
- Diving great Greg Louganis to marry in fall 16 min ago
- Chrysler agrees to recall 2.7 million older model Jeeps
- otrc: Johnny Depp talks split with Vanessa Paradis 10 min ago
- abcnews: Brain-eating amoeba warning in Florida
- Video: Two teens saved in dramatic cliff rescue
- Tim Heller's weather forecast
15 min ago
- Students sharpen math and science skills at...
40 min ago
- People's Lawyer Richard Alderman answers...
28 min ago