Five accused of running large retail theft ring
TOMBALL, TX (KTRK) -- Police nabbed five suspects who they say were stealing from Walmart stores.
On Wednesday, June 20, 2012, at approximately 4:30pm, the Tomball Walmart located at 27650 Tomball Parkway, reported a theft of property. Walmart employees gave police a description of the suspects and their vehicle.
Police stopped the vehicle and arrested Stephanie Chavez, Deann Drab, Matilda Vargas, Brandy Hernandez and Randall Contreras, all from the Houston area. Officers say they recovered property, which was stolen from several Walmart stores.
Detectives say they found physical evidence linking the suspects to a large theft ring that has been operating for more than two years.
All five suspects were charged with organized retail theft. Bond was set at $5,000 for Drab, Vargas, Hernandez and Contreras. Chavez's bond was set at $10,000.
- Texans reportedly release TE Owen Daniels
- Where could missing Malaysian jet be?
- Obama's surprise turn on 'Between Two Ferns'
- Suspected beer thief caught in north Houston
- Protesters call for HISD to fire superintendent 41 min ago
- These neighbors are gearing up for a fight 22 min ago
- Neighbor helps nab fence-jumping burglary suspects 12 min ago
- Houston man was supposed to be on missing plane
- Valet driver crashes, totals man's SUV
- Money-saving sites for booking vacations
- Stars, Blue Jackets game called off after player collapses
- Bieber surprises with performance during SXSW
- Fast food workers share what they wouldn't eat
- Video: Winning Mutton Bustin rider shares her secret