"Abe Lincoln Bandit" hits Wells Fargo in Houston
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A bank robber dubbed the "Abe Lincoln Bandit" by the FBI Bank Robbery Task Force hit a Houston bank Saturday, and authorities released surveillance images in hopes someone will recognize the bearded man.
The robbery happened around 11:35am at the Wells Fargo Bank located at 11102 Scarsdale.
According to an FBI release, the suspect was "sporting a rather unusual long Abraham Lincoln-like beard."
Officials said the man entered the bank and handed a teller a threatening note demanding money. After passing the note, he lifted his shirt to display a pistol packed in his waistband, investigators said.
The man fled the bank on foot after getting a small amount of cash -- less than $100, authorities said.
No one was injured.
The Abe Lincoln Bandit is described as a white male, 5 feet 9-11 inches tall and 180-210 pounds with dark brown hair and a long, dark brown "Abraham Lincoln-like" beard. He wore a dark cap and a dark shirt with white stripes.
Anyone with information that could help investigators is urged to call the Houston office of the FBI at 713-693-5000 or Crime Stoppers.
Crime Stoppers will pay up to $5,000 for any information called in to the 713-222-TIPS (8477) or submitted online at www.crime-stoppers.org that leads to the filing of felony charges or arrest of the suspect(s) in this case. Tips can also be sent by text message. Text TIP610 plus your tip to CRIMES (274637). All tipsters remain anonymous.
- 4 killed, 3 injured in Pasadena taxi cab wreck 18 min ago
- Arrest made in fatal shooting of security guard 26 min ago
- Teen denies peeing in Oregon reservoir 19 min ago
- Captain of sunken SKorean ferry, 2 crew arrested
- 17-year-old fatally shot outside Katy-area strip club
- Galveston hosting annual Chicken Shack Strut today
- Massive reward in brutally beaten dog case
- Student pays off $25,000 college tuition with pennies 33 min ago
- Behold, the pizza cake 31 min ago
- Student reports near abduction while leaving school
- Motorcyclist killed in NE Harris County wreck
- Child dies in multi-vehicle wreck on 290 35 min ago
- Pickup rolls 6 times in northeast Harris County
- Man recovering after freak lawn-mowing accident