Surveillance video of Radio Shack robbery released
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Robbery investigators were left with very little to go on after an April armed robbery at a Radio Shack in southwest Houston. So on Monday, they released surveillance video of the robbery, hoping someone will recognize the suspect.
On April 27, a guy walked into the Radio Shack at Bissonnet and Dairy Ashford.
"He's not concealing his face in any manner," said Jeff Miller with HPD Robbery Division.
He struck up a conversation with the lone clerk then showed a gun, and tucked it back again in the front of his pants. The clerk told investigators the robber threatened to kill him.
The clerk gave up the tray from the cash register, and the armed robber calmly collected the paper money and walked out.
Investigators were left with few leads, except for the surveillance video.
"I felt it was sufficient quality that if somebody knew who this person was, if they had the opportunity to view the video, they would recognize the individual," Miller said.
Right next door to the Radio Shack there's not just one, but two check-cashing places and a cell phone store. But investigators this there is a reason the robber targeted the Radio Shack.
"It just opened, there probably aren't very many customers and there's probably only one employee so it would probably be safer for him to execute this crime and escape without being caught," Miller said.
So far, this armed robbery is the only one linked to the guy in the surveillance video.. But investigators say they're looking at unsolved crimes to see if they are similarities.
"But we don't any definitive cases linked," Miller said.
Crime Stoppers will pay up to $5,000 for any information called in to the 713-222-TIPS (8477) or submitted online at www.crime-stoppers.org that leads to the filing of felony charges or arrest of the suspect(s) in this case. Tips can also be sent by text message. Text TIP610 plus your tip to CRIMES (274637). All tipsters remain anonymous.
crime tracker, adela uchida
- Couple accusing neighbor of recording their bedroom
- Bicyclist dies after Montrose-area hit-and-run
- Dr. accused of harassing woman she calls 'whore'
- Your pocket change may be worth hundreds
- Texans vs. Jags on ABC13 Thursday night
- Man, woman found shot at Pearland-area home
- Company offering big reward for return of stolen truck
- Police searching for armed robbery suspect
- Bledsoe leads Suns to 97-88 win over Rockets
- Dad on trial for infant's beating death
- Woman falls through roof, rescued by firefighters
- Man finds his brother murdered in home
- Child killed by falling tree branch
- HPD: Cop impersonator shot man during struggle